The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive looked everywhere short of calling PGC, I want to trap some beaver on a county park pond, whould i be legal to do so. I dont want to give up the location so you can PM me if location will help. THANKS

·
Registered
166 Posts
You should probably contact the county commissioners, or calling the PGC may be your best bet. I recall seeing in one of the game news field notes or something a WCO urging trappers to call and they will point you to some areas they have nusaince beaver complaints. So even if you find out you cant trap the park you may find you a good spot to try anyway.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If people who visit the park know about the beaver you may be buying yourself a lot of problems, many of the kinds of people who go to parks will be upset about the beaver being trapped and you may loose traps or snares or be harrassed while checking your traps..

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
What John said. I live 200 yards from county park beavers. You will be acking for public reaction. Expect a TV truck if you drown anything or have a bank Beaver sitting there looking around.

Legal, yes, in season, and with proper permission.
But really BAD public relations for us trappers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts