The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Dixons last weekend to buy lube,balls and patches.While looking around a flintlock in 45 caliber caught my eye and the rest is history,LOL.I was wondering if anyone on this forum could tell me about G. Kieffer and how good are his flintlocks.It is beautiful curly maple with superb engraving on the stock and brass and silver inlays.Green Mt. barrel with large Siler lock.It sure is purdy.Any info would be appreciated.The price was right and i just hope it shoots as good as it looks.Thanks and good luck to everyone on monday and stay safe.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
The good news thus far is that he used good materials---great lock and very good barrel!!!

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Best of luck with your new flinter, it sounds like a dandy.
I try not to look up anymore when I shop at Dixon's!

·
Registered
731 Posts
BerksCoflinter said:
I try not to look up anymore when I shop at Dixon's!
LOL....I try not to go to Dixon's! Always seems a couple screws or a hunk of sideplate brass ends up costing about $1,000....

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I went to Dixon's Friday to get a ram rod, broke mine last week, and a lock cover, calling for rain on Monday. It took all I had to just get those and make a hasty retreat.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
AHHH Yes!A mans shopping mall!Always can find something I need there!Chuck and Greg need to put a couple chairs around an old potbelly stove.The circle of wisdom.

·
Registered
12,951 Posts
We should get a local road trip together to Dixons sometime in 2010 from near Pittsburgh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts