The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

cost??????????

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Zeus50 
#1 ·
I have a 22 inch 4 pound rainbow trout and a 15 inch golden rainbow. I was wondering how much each would cost individually. thanks

#2 ·
Most run 10$ an inch....some a fair bit more than that...look around at their fish first! I've seen a lot of fish come out lookin like a clown....I wouldn't want some ridiculously painted fish on my wall....good fish painters are few and far between...and the guys that can do them typically charge a bit more....

#3 ·
That price usually doesn't include the drift wood or plaque it will be mounted on. More elaborate forms; curled left/right, mouth open, open gills can run you more also.

I would shop around and look at work not price. At first you may get sticker shock, but you will enjoy the mount for years. In my opinion, I would rather deal with a high price and enjoy it, rather than a cheap price and hate it every time I looked at it.

Painting can be difficult, and I think with rainbows painters tend to go heavy on the red (pink) stripe down the lateral line.

#6 ·
Thanks for the recomendation foxtrapperwoman and skube. I do skin mounts too but prefer to mold the clients fish because I think they get a more lifelike product.

average prices in PA would be $10-$15 per inch
Good advice already given but remember you have to be happy with what you mount for hopefully a long time so take your time and look around.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.