1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
An alternative theory is that the blood clotting and symptoms in other organs are caused by inflammation in the body due to an over-reactive immune response — the so-called cytokine storm.

the doctors in seattle knew about this cytokine storm months ago. i posted it here. they saved lives by switching from ventilators to ecmo machines along with anti inflammatory drugs and high doses of vitamin C

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Holy cow. I will sending this to my Dr.
I have a swollen toe since 3 May. Killed my turkey season. First could not go to the VA so I went to a ready clinic on the 8th. Told them I had a broken toe but don't recall how it happened. Hurt like a broken bone. Swelled up. They took x rays and said no broken bone. Said it was an infection and it is called cellulitis. Hooked me up with antibiotics and said take Tylenol for the pain. 10 days later and the Tylenol and jack were working but the antibiotics did nothing. Called my Dr and he met me at the door to get me in the hospital at this time the foot was swelling to the ankle. the skin had peeled off the toe from stretching. His best guess was the gout. Got me more antibiotics but another type and steroids. Took the last of them today and the toe is still 3X normal. New skin is healed and the darn thing is still cherry red. It was purple before the old skin peeled.

Not much pain now except when I am breathing. Waugh!

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Could very well be gout jb. I suffer from it and it can wreak havoc on my feet from time to time and for weeks on end.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Bohunr I did just that but it is up to the medical professionals to look into what is wrong. Almost a month now and the treatments are not working. Time for them to look at it from new angles, with new test.

It sure did feel like a broken toe at first. I had them before so I was trying to figure out how I could have done it and not recall it happening. It looked like frost bite, which I have seen before on others. If it happened after a cold day of hunting or ice fishing I would have suggested that when I hobbled in the first time. When the first Dr said the x rays showed no broken bones I thought they missed it because of the swelling, had that happen only to be called back a few days later to have a "sprain" put in a cast. When they said cellulitis and it could happen from even a thorn,bug bite or tiny scratch, I was thinking sure why not just an infection and the antibiotics will clear it up. When that did not work and the next guess was gout, I was like I never had this before, I heard others complain about the gout and my diet has not changed but I guess it could be the body changed and the diet is no longer good for the system.

Yes I googled each one and could see why the doctors were making the best logical guess their education and experience pointed towards. However up to this point no other test other than the temperature to get in the door and the x ray to rule out broken toe have been performed. All so far have been visual exams and the does this or that hurt. Waugh!

·
Super Moderator
26,456 Posts
Here is an interesting read...I'm not a doctor but it sounds as if it would explain why the symptoms of Covid-19 vary so much.

https://elemental.medium.com/coronavirus-may-be-a-blood-vessel-disease-which-explains-everything-2c4032481ab2
My wife read something about this a few weeks ago. Said many of the covid deaths were due to an embolism in the the lungs. She got quite concerned because she had a severe case of thrombosis after her accident three years ago. She still needs compression stockings if she's going to be inactive, and a Heparin injection whenever traveling.

·
Super Moderator
26,456 Posts
I've had toes swollen like that twice. Once was from slamming it into the bottom of a door while running through the house, and the other from the leg of the bed. Both were broken and swelled like that, but they were also a nice purplish black color. Used duct tape to stabilize them until they healed. :)

Your toe looks like a bug bite or an infection from something. If it's still swollen after almost a month now, might be time to get it checked. Or just go with coyotejohn's suggestion.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts