The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I go about getting a copy of my hunters education card? I took the course 31 years ago and have no idea what ever happened to it. I would assume that the PGC has a record of that somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,115 Posts
I believe you will have to call Harrisburg and pick it up there. It will cost you $10. Not exactly sure how they verify you've taken it, probably just look to see you had a license all these years I'd guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
I don't think you need it to get another license. Last year, I started hunting again after a 20 year layoff. I had hunted for 12 years in NJ and once in PA in that time. There was no way I was going to find my hunter education card or an old license. However, there was a checkbox on the license that states you have passed a hunters education course in the past. No mention of the state. I got my license last year (legitimately) by checking that box. I don't know how it's done this year, with the new system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
I took mine in '82- o records from '83 back I think. Just tell them you had it before- and they will issue a license- or bring an old copy of a license.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
My brother in law lost his and couldnt find it and went to get a new one before he went to colorado, and they made him re take the test.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,583 Posts
why do you need it. I can honestly say I dont think Ive ever used mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
Damageinc said:
I took mine in '82- o records from '83 back I think. Just tell them you had it before- and they will issue a license- or bring an old copy of a license.
You'll have to sign an affidavit and pay $10 as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,583 Posts
gstiegeljr said:
If you ever plan to hunt out of state you'll need it.
They didnt need it for my trip to Montana this year. I guess its every state except MT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,279 Posts
my buddy lost his, he moved to colorado and needed to get a copy. Had to sign affidavit and pay $10. Like the others said. the like will get you there ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,583 Posts
gstiegeljr said:
Buk_Huntir said:
gstiegeljr said:
If you ever plan to hunt out of state you'll need it.
They didnt need it for my trip to Montana this year. I guess its every state except MT.
Must be...I've needed it for Colorado, Wyoming, and South Carolina.
Interesting. Ive never even used my card for PA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,174 Posts
Buk_Huntir said:
why do you need it. I can honestly say I dont think Ive ever used mine.
the gentleman who said if you plan to hunt out of state you'll need it is correct. If you plan to hunt Wyoming you have to CARRY it while hunting too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
Buk_Huntir said:
gstiegeljr said:
Buk_Huntir said:
gstiegeljr said:
If you ever plan to hunt out of state you'll need it.
They didnt need it for my trip to Montana this year. I guess its every state except MT.
Must be...I've needed it for Colorado, Wyoming, and South Carolina.
Interesting. Ive never even used my card for PA.
I've never needed it in PA either. Funny how the only state that doesn't ask for it is the one that required it and issued it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,583 Posts
gstiegeljr said:
Buk_Huntir said:
gstiegeljr said:
Buk_Huntir said:
gstiegeljr said:
If you ever plan to hunt out of state you'll need it.
They didnt need it for my trip to Montana this year. I guess its every state except MT.
Must be...I've needed it for Colorado, Wyoming, and South Carolina.
Interesting. Ive never even used my card for PA.
I've never needed it in PA either. Funny how the only state that doesn't ask for it is the one that required it and issued it.
Thats why I was questioning it. I figured it was one of those things they just tell you at the hunters ed course. Good to know for future reference though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ive hunted Maine, South Dakota, Idaho, Montana, Mississippi, Alabama, New York, West Virginia, Wyoming and Ive never needed it. I hopefully can use it to a get my florida concealed weapon permit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
Ghost said:
Ive hunted Maine, South Dakota, Idaho, Montana, Mississippi, Alabama, New York, West Virginia, Wyoming and Ive never needed it. I hopefully can use it to a get my florida concealed weapon permit.
How long ago did you hunt Wyoming. I hunted there in 2005 and 2007 and needed it both times to get a license.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im thinking somewhere around 1998, probably one of the perks that come with age
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top