The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
Both the story and the video make it quite clear that the cops got a tip and went to check it out.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I don't see how they lost touch with reality, when thy were just ding their job. Do you have any background info on the area? Maybe meth labs re a common problem in that part of the country?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I see nothing wrong with this. Now if they would have kicked in the door, drew their guns, took her to jail,cut down the trees looking for drugs than maybe.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Don't laugh!! We taxpayers pay billions for the "War on Drugs". Legalizing just one particular drug would save $13.7 billion per year.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Actually, the problem is people have lost touch with NATURE. With a quick glance it was obvious what they were doing. Interesting how some seem to always have an axe to grind with LEOs and use such petty events to grind them.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
That $13.7 billion doesn't even include what would be generated in the 1000 jobs created at Frito-Lay alone.

·
Registered
12,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A police officer seeing buckets and hoses to a tree, should have realized what it was without getting out of the car. Much less calling out the drug squad.

Those who make up excuses for such stupidity are unreal.

How could a person hearing that a family has buckets and hoses connected to trees mistake that for a drug tip. Whats next, raiding a kettle full of scrapple cooking down in the back yard?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I'm going to bet the buckets were not the cause of the call in, but rather the boiling of the syrup and the steam/smoke that comes along with it.

When we first moved to Tioga County, my wife was driving to work from Mansfield to Troy. When she got there she quickly told her employer that there was a big fire because of the smoke coming out from the eaves at a barn on the way to work. Turned out it was a sugar shack in full production. Oh, well, gotta learn sometime.

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
drug manufactures are very resourceful...
PURCELL, Okla., Feb. 13 (UPI) -- A small methamphetamine production laboratory was discovered inside a portable toilet at a Purcell, Okla., golf course, investigators said.

After staffers at the club noticed sports drink bottles containing chemicals inside the toilet and called police, it was determined the facility was being used to make meth by the "shake and bake" method of causing a chemical reaction in a single container, KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City, reported Wednesday.

Three bottles were found, two of which exploded before detectives arrived, the television station said.

"If someone would have been in the porta-pot when it happened, they might have gotten hurt by the flying plastic and the chemicals," said Purcell police Detective Cpl. Scott Stephens.

Investigators said they had a lead on one suspect, but others could be involved. No arrests have been made.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
And if it had turned out to be a shady operation and they did not investigate it as they did.......if some little child got into it and somehow was harmed.......Gee, I wonder who would be the first one in line wanting to hang those officers.

The officers did the right thing doing what they did and thank goodness had a good laugh about it. Except for having to deal with haters.

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
The cops did what they are paid to do, investigate a complaint. On the other hand, if the TV reporter was paid to make the cops look bad it was a waste of money. He only made himself look stupid.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts