1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, did you guys see this??

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,585807,00.html

from the article:

Gun rights advocates have a California police detective in their crosshairs after he apparently posted comments on Facebook advocating that "open carry" supporters should be shot.

East Palo Alto Police Det. Rod Tuason apparently posted the remarks on his Facebook page in response to a friend's status update, which suggested that gun advocates who carry unloaded weapons openly — which is legal in California — should do so in places like "Oakland, Richmond and East Palo Alto" and not just in "hoity toity" cities.

·
Super Moderator
4,589 Posts
One must be carefull of what they state in a public forum.He did and will end up unemployed.Bet it is almost impossible to get a LTCF in Ca.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
California must really be strict. The death penalty for open carry advocates....no judge..no jury...just shoot them.
Let's hope this guy lost his job over that comment.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
The guy does deserve to be placed on the unemployed list, way for an officer of the law to comment on legal practices.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Cops come with all sorts of opinions, just like the rest of us that aren't cops.

I see his opinion as no different than that of a hunter who thinks AR15s shouldn't be owned by other shooters.

Don't agree with either opinion, but I suppose people are entitled to have them.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
No it doesn't, but there is little rationale for either view, short of a bias in how some of us see things through our own eyes.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Having lived in Ca. for 6 years and worked for a police dept. there, I can tell you that if you dont know the chief in your city or county, your chances of getting a CCW are very slim. If you do happen to get one, it will very likely be restricted to work related activities.

The dept. I worked for only gave out 5-8 CCW's per year out of about 150-200 apps.

California must really be strict. The death penalty for open carry advocates....no judge..no jury...just shoot them. Let's hope this guy lost his job over that comment.
Although he did it in the wrong forum and even used the wrong words, his views are shared widely with Ca. LEO's. I hope he is held accountable for his actions and words, but then you are opening up a new issue about free speech.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It surprises me! I want my citizens carrying. Cops can't be everywhere at one time. I think its stupid that they can't have them loaded. Most law abiding citzens would never make any type of movement when approached by an officer, and they were carrying. This nuckle head obviously has a beef with citzens that carry. I on the other hand love it. Makes the bad guy think twice if they want to target a certain person. This guy should get a mental evaluation then fired. I think he won't though, unless a mass of gun owners stand up and yell about it. Prone them out, I'd liketo meet this retard! Prone me out, I'll kick you in the junk after I get up. Can anyone say 1983 Case for Civil Rights Violations?

Russ

Steady Point

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'll be watching this one. Where in Cali did this happen. I would like to email, retards Chief. Going to look at the artical again.

Russ

·
Registered
362 Posts
I contacted the Chief. Now lets see if he calls me back. We'll See.

Russ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts