The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that there is this program where farmers join together and group together at least 1000 acres and make it available to hunt with the PGC. Now my question, is this land public, do we need any type of permit or can we just find the area off the maps on the PGC website and go hunt? any insight would be great. thanks

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
Hunting remains by permission only. Many times the landowner will only allow so many access.

It helps to find these properties in the offseason and ask then. If you can't on for deer, try another game animal and that might open the door to others.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
I hunt two of them. On one, anyone can hunt that asks. On the other, the limit is 4 deer hunters.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Just make sure you stop and talk to the landowners. I have talked to about a dozen and have yet to find a decent farm co-op to hunt here in 5C. Its the same story, hunters basically hammered the deer herd now alot of the farmers no longer allow deer hunting. Its still worth it to talk to them tho, they are usually some of the nicest people you will ever meet and they will talk your ear off. Their #1 complaint is guys who simply see the signs and never ask permission. some don't care, while it bothers others. I have one to check out for next year I'm gonna keep at it I'm eventually gonna find one with deer on it. BTW the PGC website only tells you some of them, the co-op program only involves farms with 1,000 acres or more. What alot of the smaller ones are in is called the safety zone program. Your best bet is to drive around and look and talk to the farmers.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
Look for safety zone signs posted near buildings for the smaller properties.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts