The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Northwestern Pa does anyone have any advice on catchin these coon. I have tried on the edges of standing corn and in the streams and creeks. I have used sweet lures and baits as well as fish oil and fish for bait. I have set on sight and set blind. Anyone have any input on what I am doing wrong.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have set where there has been tracks in the mud and on the sand bars. 2 of the coon I have caught were in yote sets so just a lil confused as where to set. Not sure if the cold weather has them moving differently

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
when coons are hitting the corn the trails will be beat in. I think around here they are still in the grapes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just started saturday and caught 4 in 4 days both at the edges of corn and along a stream. Look for where they are dragging corn out of the field under low brush and double set DPs on either side of their trails. I'm using marshmallows and trailling with fish oil for now. It sounds like you're doing it right but just not connecting. They come and go for whatever reason sometimes. Patience usually pays.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a hot spot today. Its a area that I have walked threw several times and never seen any sign. I went threw there today to check my k9 sets and for about 100 yds or so up the creek on both sides there were a ton of coon tracks. I set three sets there on the creek and 3 up on the tops of the banks. Find out in the am.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts