The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set off all my coon sets when the snow came in. But I got pretty excited today when walking around the old barn I trap near and found fresh tracks in the snow! Hoping this little warm spell gets them out of their dens. Anybody else having luck still?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The coon have been moving for me the last week, I've been catching 1 or 2 coons a day since thursday. But i am in south east pa, its warmer here.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Yep been moving for the past week. I'm catching nothing but heavy primed big old males! Haven't caught a female yet!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was catching nothing but males before I pulled my sets...hoping the action picks back up again when the snow goes.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had unset as well for last weeks cold snap. And reset this past Sunday. Sunday night nothing, last night 3, in 6 sets. 2 boars and a sow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just started trapping for the first time right after Christmas. 8 year old son has been begging me to take him trapping. Got 6 traps to get started along with bait/scent etc.. Have been reading on how and what to do as far as catching coons. Caught a coon each of the last 2 days on water sets in a creek. The look on my sons face when we caught them was priceless. He is having a blast and it's an awesome father/son activity. Needless to say we are both hooked.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can't wait. I 've had everything out since tagging my bobcat. I just got out a few DPs on fresh tracks quick this afternoon. Hopefully get the rest out tomorrow morning...after skinning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts