The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one? Tire pressure says 11lbs. Seems a little high for this size tire. Tire size is 19x7-8 front and 18x9.50-8 back. Thanks a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or could anyone tell me proper tire pressure for these size tires? just don't want to start with 11lbs and ruin the tire. Thanks a bunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DCE. Was able to get a hold of the Dealer. Looks like 7 up front and 5 back. Also heard from another member on here. Will take his advice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
bobcat1 said:
guess chines atv's aren't the greatest to be asking questions about.
The only bad thing I was told by a guy that has worked on them for reselling them is , you better be a good mechanic and you have to order new parts online . I'd rather have a dealership take care of the hard stuff like engine & transmission adjustments . But , that's just my opinion . Best of luck and a tip of my hat to keeping kids outdoors and away from the video games .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4X4 Dad, I bought it at a Brick and Mortar store. Only thing, it is 3 hours away. there is one in Valencia, but the guy flat out told me he will not service it if I buy somewhere else. Don't believe this is legal, have to find out. Thanks for the tip of the hat. This Chinese one is to see if she wants to stick with it. Will move up later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
I understand . That's' exactly what I was going to do for my daughter . But my buddy talked me out of it . Glad I didn't , but for a better reason . I was going to sell my Teryx and get us both a couple used quads . She was all for it until she found out I was selling REXY ( Teryx ) to get the money . LOL

I still might some day , but for now the Teryx is a much more useful utility machine for lots of things .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,060 Posts
bobcat1 said:
4X4 Dad, I bought it at a Brick and Mortar store. Only thing, it is 3 hours away. there is one in Valencia, but the guy flat out told me he will not service it if I buy somewhere else. Don't believe this is legal, have to find out. Thanks for the tip of the hat. This Chinese one is to see if she wants to stick with it. Will move up later.
It's likely quite legal for him to refuse to service your ATV (as long as he's not discriminating based upon race, religion, gender and etc). I'm not sure why someone would turn away business for a reason like that, but it is his choice. You may be able to complain to the manufacturer, or his distributer. They make take issue with him being a dealer, but refusing to service machines sold by other dealers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4x4dad said:
I understand . That's' exactly what I was going to do for my daughter . But my buddy talked me out of it . Glad I didn't , but for a better reason . I was going to sell my Teryx and get us both a couple used quads . She was all for it until she found out I was selling REXY ( Teryx ) to get the money . LOL

I still might some day , but for now the Teryx is a much more useful utility machine for lots of things .
Picked up the new Dirt Wheels Magazine and saw the Polaris RZR 170. Didn't know they made one for kids. Looks pretty nice. Anyone want to buy a used Chinese Quad? LOL!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
If I'm not mistaken , they even make one with a bigger engine & better suspension for kids now . How deep are your pockets ? LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,262 Posts
I had two Chinese ATV's for my kids when there were small.They were more practical than battery powered ones and did fine around the yard.As soon as they started running them a little hard,we started having issues and it was time to move them up to something more practical.

Dealers are individual businesses and can refuse to service any machine bought somewhere else.

I've owned a pile of ATV's over the years and my kids ride them hard.My son put 1500 miles on one in a year when he turned 8.There's some good ones out there but for a kid around 9 that has some experience and ability,a Honda 250x is tough to beat for the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
4x4dad said:
If I'm not mistaken , they even make one with a bigger engine & better suspension for kids now . How deep are your pockets ? LOL
Depends on the Credit Union!! 4600 for the 170 is not bad. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,060 Posts
dce said:
There's some good ones out there but for a kid around 9 that has some experience and ability,a Honda 250x is tough to beat for the money.
It's crazy to think that when I was young a 250 was a full size quad. My older brother (late teens) raced a worked 250X in hare scrambles, and he was 6' 2" and 275lbs. Oh how times have changed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,262 Posts
wdchuckhuntr said:
dce said:
There's some good ones out there but for a kid around 9 that has some experience and ability,a Honda 250x is tough to beat for the money.
It's crazy to think that when I was young a 250 was a full size quad. My older brother (late teens) raced a worked 250X in hare scrambles, and he was 6' 2" and 275lbs. Oh how times have changed.
I know what you mean but they were 2 strokes in the old days.I had a Suzuki quad racer back in the late 80's and it screamed compared to my son's 250x.The 250x is quick enough for a kid to have fun on but they aren't even close to being dangerously fast.I bought him a CRF 125 last year for his 10th birthday and he's already starting to bored with it.I almost bought him a 2 stroke KTM85 over the weekend but I'll give him one more year on the 125.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,262 Posts
bobcat1 said:
seen some used 170's for about 3000. not sure if I would go that route or not.
I'm telling you,nothing beats a 250x for a kid.They're bullet proof,easy to work on,stable and snappy enough to get several years out of one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rzr 170 out. Read too much bad stuff on them plus the salesman told me it is nothing but a glorified go kart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
I was going to go with the pink version of the Polaris 90 for my daughter . It had the front & rear lights that most small quads do not . But as stated before , she didn't want me to trade our SXS .
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top