The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on all let's hear all about it.

As for me I think I will be making a trip to the York area to see Brad Emig at Cabin Creek to talk about a custom made flinter!!

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
brewyak said:
Come on all let's hear all about it.

As for me I think I will be making a trip to the York area to see Brad Emig at Cabin Creek to talk about a custom made flinter!!
Thats the UNTIMATE GIFT for sure... brewyak!!

Santa delivered mine a few years ago with a lil help from Brad of course!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah Loggy, unfortunately Santa will not be bringing mine, I will be a geft to myself.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Yeah...Brads a lil on the thin side to pose as a good Santa!!

Be sure to post-up report of your visit to Brad!!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
how bout Cabelas Hunting 2010 for the Wii? Wii go the Wii from grandma this year...my kids are loving it but I personally have grown bored with Wii Sports already...time for something CHALLENGING

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Wife got me an Under Armour camo jacket, I will now be warm in the field!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Where abouts in york is this Brad Emig guy i here about??

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
inthebubble said:
I got a bunch of hand warmers and foot warmers. Does that count?
I personally wouldn't knock the hand and foot warmers....it's always nice to have a supply of them laying around.

I got way too much from Santa myself (myself to myself of course) all year long so Christmas was all about the kids; and stock piling no-scent soap, no-scent spray and no-scent cloths wash among other discounted Walmart hunting stock.

·
Registered
243 Posts
yeah i was at walmart today and i saw they had alot of hunting stuff on discount.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brad is in Hallam. His shop is called Cabin Creek

cabincreek.net

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Wife got me Nikon Monarch Binos, local archery shop gift cards and a Howa .22-250, I'd say she is a keeper

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
She got diamond earings, I got a TC Encore 209x50 with rosewood laminate stock and a Leupold 2x7.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice you all are lucky. I have to hide mine from the old lady

·
Registered
853 Posts
denny lowery said:
my best gift was binoculars with the digtal camera.I have some pictures in my folder that i took but how do i post them???? Help please
Have to open a Photobucket account
Upload the pictures to Photobucket
Copy the address for the picture and paste it in your post
Should appear as

Some detailed instructions that have been posted in the past:
Courtesy of PA Bird Man...Thanks for taking the time!

These instructions are for uploading photos using PhotoBucket.com. You will have to open an account. After you sign up you will have to log in with your username and password each time you want to use it (unless you have cookies set on your computer, I also recommend saving the site as a favorite). When logging in you will be shown a page that will allow you to upload your pictures. A browse button will let you search your own computer files for the pictures you want to upload. You also have the option what size you want to upload the photos as - 640 x 480 is recommended.

When you find a picture you want to upload, click on it and then click "OK". If you have more than one photo, repeat. When you have picked all of the photos you want to upload click on "upload". What you've just done is make a copy of your picture and put it on their server in your account. You should be able to see your photo below the upload box, you will also see 4 rectangular boxes named "email & IM" "direct link", "HTML tag", and "IMG". To post a picture on HuntingPA.com, go to huntingpa and start your post, keep the window open for both photobucket and huntingpa. In photobucket click on the "IMG". A yellow pop up will say copied. Paste the picture's address into your new post on huntingpa. You can put as many pictures as you want on this one post. Finish your post just like any other message, and it's that easy you've posted a picture(s) for me and everyone else to see.
Lots of people have asked for information on how to post photos, so here is a step-by-step guide. It might not be a good one, but it's the best I can do. And keep in mind that it sounds more difficult than it is.

First, you must have a host, and your own computer cannot be a host unless you leave it on all the time and you don't mind anyone else accessing it. You probably already have a host anyway in your ISP (Internet Service Provider). ISP's usually offer customers 5-10 MB of storage space, and all you need it an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to get your pictures from your computer to the server.

If your ISP doesn't provide that, or if you don't want to use it for whatever reason, then you need to subscribe to a service that does that for you. Two popular ones are www.hunt101.com and www.photobucket.com. I am not endorsing either of these. If you want to know the benefits and drawbacks of each one, ask around.

Those are active links, so choose one and click on it. These instructions might be more accurate for PhotoBucket.com, but Hunt101.com is pretty much the same. You will have to open an account. There might be a fee. If there is, it's probably reasonable. After you sign up you will have to log in with your username and password each time you want to use it. You will be shown a page that will allow you to upload your pictures. A browse button will let you search your own computer files for the pictures you want to upload.

When you find a picture you want to upload, click on it and then click "OK". Then click on "submit". What you've just done is make a copy of your picture and put it on their server in your account. You should be able to see your photo below the upload box, along with 3 buttons (move, edit and delete). You will also see 3 rectangular boxes named "url", "tag", and "img".

Your image now has a URL, which is the picture's address on the world wide web. To post a picture on HuntingPA.com, go to the posting page and click on the "Image" link under UBB Code. You will get a box. Copy and paste the picture's address into the box. Make sure you have the entire address, including "http://". When you click "OK" the address will go into the place where you type the words you are posting. It will look something like this: {image}http://www.hostsite.com/huntingphotos/bigbuck.jpg{/image}. Those image tags at the beginning and end are what tells my computer to go to your host site and display your photo. (They're supposed to have square brackets "[image]" but I had to change them to "{image}" so you wouldn't see one of these:
, which tells you something is wrong and indicates an unusable or "broken" link.

Finish your post just like any other message, and voila, you've posted a picture for me and everyone else to see.

If anyone reads this and thinks it can be made clearer, PM me and I'll try to make improvements. Good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts