The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought my contender and have a few questions. Has any one used a sling on theirs, if so how do you like it? and 2nd If I use different length barrels do I need different size fore ends? I have a super 16 and wuold like to get a shorter barrel in 22lr for coonhunting...

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
14 an 12 pistols use the same then thers one for 10' and diffrent ones for 16's and 24's lol
but you can get old pachmyar forarm for a pistol and you buy bars that go on the barrel and you can use the same forarm for 10,12&14s then thers 3rd party makers of barrels that dont have standard spacing and use ther own hanger bars that you have to get custom for arms

oh wait it gets better... thers older locking lugs an newer ones depending on the barrel and what frame you got you might have to get them swaped out lol

so congrats you basicly got in to the chevy small block of guns lol you can tweek and twist till you like what you have the best thing about contenders/ encore they are the erector sets for old kids lol you can turn them in too about any thing

but back to your sling question.. some have sling studs installed you can all so get a instal pack that bolts to the gun usen the grip bolt and forarm bolt or even get a barrel clamp to use on the barrel ...
for a while i used a u. mikes holster and a pistol packing holster the cream of the crop.. this year im tossen the sling kit on and geting the mikes pistol sling ther about 23$

Dave

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
shortest barrel for contender is 10, I believe. I used to carry a scoped 16 in a sholder holster and have 2 black holsters now. (saw one cheap at a flea market)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts