The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Contender G2- 209X50 a couple of months and have not had the chance to shoot it yet. Now I see that Thompson Center discountinued the G2 inline for 2010. Maybe I am just leary of shooting it now because I am wondering why TC quit production of a great little light weight inline. Did anyone ever have a saftey issue with them? I tought about calling TC but figured they would just tell me the sales of that model was poor. Anyone have any ideas or stories about the G2 inline?

·
Registered
850 Posts
the g2 muzzleloader barrels got a pin in the lug so not to work on older contender frames.pair of vicegrips pull pin mount on any tender frame. works fine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
keyway,the 209X50 Contender has noticable recoil and may be T/C had to many complaints of it.If you're not satisfied with it,I might be interested in it,just a thought.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Tc has went back and forth with offering an MZ barrel for the Contender frame for years. Personally I have never seen a factory MZ barrel for the Contender. I had one once, but it was a Bullberry custom barrel. I do not know why they are so indecisive about offering an MZ barrel for the Contender. They may be afraid of people overloading the frame?? Tom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts