The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first experience at the dam yesterday. While I did manage to see more Eagles in one day, compared to a total in my lifetime, I wasn't able to capture too many decent pics.

For those of you that have never been there, this is a great place to see Eagles.

And, Got to see this Pileated Woodpecker at the edge of the general parking area.

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
Hey now, if these are not "decent" pics then you must have very high standards. Thankd for sending thes on. Real nice.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments guys. I am learning more and more about wildlife and photography since a SLR was in my hand. Much can go into post processing a picture to replicate what you remembered what you saw. Cameras, most times don't duplicate it for you especially on birds in flight.

I am critical on my pictures, only to be able to better each opportunity for higher quality pictures the next time.

Conowingo is a great place for all to enjoy. Having camera in your hand is optional. Seeing 109 at one time ? Wow.
The authorities at the Dam indicate it is not unusual to see 30-40 during the busy times of the year. I was in awe to see the amount that I did. A must for the wildlife lover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts