The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Know of guys that wax then melt it off the trigger area.I waxed mine last year and once you try to set them without melting it off the trigger area makes setting almost impossible.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i seen in a video to dip the sides of the coniber in wax avoid waxing the trigger area all together. same here wax some last yr couldnt keep them set ended up burning the wax off the trigger area.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I wax my Duke Conis. (excluding 330's) Most of the time they don't need scraping. It's not for everyone, but it makes a faster trap and I think a better mink trap. The Bridgers have a bit more sensitive trigger system. I'd recommend painting them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I dont wax because of the setting issue i just spray paint all of mine because when you think it you arnt usally trapping that smart of animals with the conibear and scent was never a issue with me

·
Registered
655 Posts
Bought a $5.00 gallon of sent back paint at Wal Mart, watered it down and just dipped mine a off brown color, worked well.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
matthewbow said:
Hey YodelDog DO NOT WAX THEM 330's OR you will be SORRY LOL
They look like they had wax on them from last season. I assume that it did not work out for you. I am going to clean them before I try to set them.

·
Banned
851 Posts
I use black spray paint on all my body grippers. Cheap and easy. It prevents rusting and helps to camouflage them.

Wax on body grippers is not a good idea.

PA Waterfowler

·
Registered
897 Posts
I use a black plastic mortarmix tub and fill it with vinegar.
Put my conni's in thee for a day.

This removes any shipping oil or grease.
Hang to dry and then spray with cheap flat black from Walmart.

You can save the vinegar to reuse next year.

·
Registered
864 Posts
My dishwasher is full of traps right now. A dozen MB 550 and six coni 110. My wife gave me a funny look when I was loading them followed by a head shake

1 - 16 of 16 Posts