The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read you've pinched your 1,000th fox again this season! Simply amazing and it'd be awesome to longline like that. You sir are my hero!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Congrats PSB!!! I was glad when I caught my fourth fox this year!!

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
long beard said:
I've read you've pinched your 1,000th fox again this season! Simply amazing and it'd be awesome to longline like that. You sir are my hero!
Is that for the season, or life time?

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Callmaker60 said:
long beard said:
Season, ad he said it is his 5th season over 1000...........

Is that for the season, or life time?

·
Registered
5,884 Posts

This was his record catch from a few years ago....Congrats Phil!

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
He never answered how many coyotes he caught. It's obvious there aren't very many in his territory though.

As to the hay set thing, must be a big thing at t-man or something. I haven't hung around t-man in a long time. I can't remember my password to log in or somesuch.

I will say that when foxes were like fleas here, they jumped into the hay sets. I proved they worked when I caught 60 out of 81 foxes in my best season, with hay sets. I just can't get into dirtholes when it rains every other day. Rain= have to walk in to better spots, and I don't feel like lugging a bunch of dry dirt with me. Only to find no catch day after day after day...and deer flipping traps off every other day to boot. Plus dirtholes fill with water...coons are scarce in the uplands here, not even that many possums, and the couple of skunks are no fun at all. It's not laziness, it's a need for a reward system to keep me on task. Foxes are the reward, no foxes to catch = no reward. And trying to catch a coyote- it took me about 90 days to catch my first otter and I had to walk in 2 feet of snow for a bit of it. At least otters are predictable, the coyotes here can be 10 miles away the next day and you don't know if/when they will come back. Meanwhile deer step in the coyote traps every other day, or tiny possums or trigger happy skunks get in them.

I'm going to go back to looking at my evil looking guns. At least they are consistantly evil looking every single time I look at them, and I don't have to waste 100.00 in gas and hurt my back to look at them.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts