The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday in Unadilla, NY, Lackwanna beagles achieved another milestone. Congrats to AKC FC / UKC HBCH Lackawanna Maggie Mae. Way to go guys! Any pics?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Thanks Guys

Maggie has been a real pleasure.
I feel really lucky to have owned one like her.
Not just a great gun dog, but a dog that competed so well in any trial format that we asked her to.
We didn't get any pics Sunday but here is her pic from the Better Beagling photo shoot.

AKC FC/UKC HBCH Lackawanna Maggie Mae
Her career highlights

2007 Northeast Beagle Gundog Federation Derby consistency winner and Championship trial runner up.
2007 PA Beagle Gundog Assosciation Derby consistency winner
2008 International Beagle Hare Futurity 3rd place (Large Pack on Hare held in Maine)
Became AKC Field Champion August 2009
2009 Iroquois Beagle Gundog Association (NYS) 15" Female Consistency winner
2009 Iroquois Beagle Gundog Association New York State Championship trial winner
Became UKC Hunting Beagle Champion Sept. 2010

Only hound ever To win season points consistency titles in the NEBGF, PBGA, and the IBGA.

Our only dual champion in a lifetime of beagling.

Pardon my bragging but I am very sure that I will never own another like her.

John L

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
wow way to go maggie!! Was wondering where ya been havent seen you post much lately, sure seems like everythings going good for you guys!! keep up the good work, It wont be long now and the gun fun begins!!!

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Hey Congrats John, Jane and Maggie. I don't know if you'll "never" have another like her, seems like you found the right combination.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Hi Cody

Not as much trialing this summer.
We have been concentrating on the young ones.
The derby season ended in NY in July (Maggie's younger sisters went 1, 2 , 3 in the NY derby points for the year) and there weren't any UKC hunts close by until this last weekend.
Probably our most fun day was up at Java Village derby (Near Rochester NY) where my Molly won the 13" class and Shawn's Nokie won the 15" class on hare.

Luke, Molly, and Maggie's pup Cinder have been getting most of our time. Cinder is 5 months old and is just pounding, Seems like she is going to be a good one.

We have been running 2 or 3 times a week and all three young ones look pretty good.

Good luck with Brandy, she should work out just fine for ya.

John, Round 3 of Lacy/Charlie is hopefully going on as we speak. Lacy is at Bill's place this week, so hopefully all goes well.

John L

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Guess I better update her accomplishments.

She won the IBGA NYS Championship for the second consecutive year Sunday.

John L

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Congrats!!! That's a pile of ribbons and plaques. looking at her in the pic it didn't suprise me to see she's a bench champion as well!! A very nice beagle for sure! Congrats again, Keystonepaul

1 - 13 of 13 Posts