The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got a question for you. Most(not all) approved trout water closed to fishing march 1st. Now looking at their website I can't tell if class a wild trout streams close too. Also the stream I just started fishing for natives is a tributary to an approved trout water. So does that mean I can't fish it? If so that [censored] cuz Im waayy up stream from the confluence. I guess I could just call the fish commission. Ehh ill see what you guys have to say first.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Class A and Nat Repro streams are closed March 1st only if they're designated ATWs.

I'm pretty sure you're okay fishing a non-ATW trib to an ATW, but don't hold me to that.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I guess it would be stated as a non-approved trout water. I think they have a list up of all of these on thier site.

·
20,126 Posts
Its never black and white. Things to know......

1. Class A's and non-approved waterways are open to fishing on a catch and release basis as long as they are upstream of the approved trout water or there is no approved trout water on the stream at all.

2. This is very important. If a stream is listed as an approved trout water with NO BOUNDRIES noted in the digest then the whole stream is close March 1 regardless of the Class A location.

3. Tribs that come into approved sections are fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts