The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup im at another project, they never end..i got a concrete driveway, 6 four inch slabs on a slope and the gap between them has widened and some are breaking away. instead of a total repair i was wondering what could buy me a few years..the biggest prob is one near the foundation has a gap from the drain on the adjacent one and has dropped and runoff is creeping into the garage just a bit..its dropped prob 2 inches here.. can i fill the gaps or cracks, and resurface to build it up for runoff purpose. there isnt car traffic here. thanks folks, you always have advice for my many projects

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Lowes had a caulking sealer in a tube that I used several years ago at my garage entrance and it is still is holding up, it was only a settling crack about 1/2 in wide but about 6 ft long. Don't know if it would work in your scenario or not...

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I would check out Sika brand products, and find something that seems like it would work for you....

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have fixed many cracks, and your best option for a few years is forget the caulk and the sealant. THEY ARE CRAP!!!
You are from the burgh, I am sure you are familiar with the steel building, I have fixed many cracks on the steel plaza. You want to get a masonry wheel for either a grinder or circular saw, and cut the concrete back to where you have 8" to a foot to fill, then chip that out with a chipping hammer. you can rent them fairly cheap at HD. leave some rough edges on either side, and paint with a concrete boding agent (follow directions on bottle). cut some mesh to fit in the hole, and pour concrete into said hole. make sure you shopvac the hole before you paint

·
Registered
143 Posts
you will not be able to resurface, that will crack and chip away in a blink of an eye. your best bet for that slab is to jack hammer out an repour it

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dududududududududududu is the sound i hear in my future. that was a jackhammer BTW. thanks for the advice folks. feel free to keep it coming

1 - 8 of 8 Posts