The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a permit issued in Northampton co.Moved to Luzerne co.Somehow the sheriffs office in both countys dont know how to handle the change of adress issue.Anybody have exp in this matter.I want to do the right thing and not be hassled over this if i'm ever checked or pulled over.Thank You .

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I walked in with my drivers license with new address and conceal permit with old, and in 5 minutes walked out the door. Every thing in on a computer now.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Yes, I was very suprised when she said "hold on, the corp. is in his office"..............out she came with the new one, same exp. date.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If you are able to go to the court house and see what they say.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes i will go.Dont seem to be getting anybody that really seems like they really care on the phone.Thanks again.Have a great night.

·
Registered
295 Posts
when i moved i was told that you do not need to change the address because it it valid in the whole state. not sure if this is correct but worked for me

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Your drivers license is valid in the whole country, but you have to have the correct address on it. It's a valid form of I.D., so I'm betting you would need to have your current(correct) address on it. I could be wrong though

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok i just got home from the luzerne co sheriff office.They say i need not change my adress on my card.They say its in the system if i changed my drivers license to the current adress.They tell me when it expires thou i need to have the correct adress on it.Thanks all for your responses.

·
Registered
152 Posts
For the record, Pennsylvania does NOT issue concealed carry permits, Pennsylvania issues LTCF's "License to Carry a Firearm" You are under no obligation to conceal your weapon, and can in fact carry openly with no license at all in most of the State.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
My son had this same issue when he moved down to Lancaster cty from Schuylkill. Sheriff told him no provision for address change. Keep license until it expires, then go to current county seat for new one. If checked by LEO simply tell them you recently moved. They should be aware that people move from time to time.

·
Registered
813 Posts
When I moved to another county I inquired about renewing my license from the old county since it is only a few minutes drive to the Sheriff's office and is actually closer to me than the York County Sheriff’s office. They told me I had to apply to the county in which I lived in. I then called York County Sherriff's office to see if I could just do a renewal since I had a valid license in another county that was about to expire. They said I had to apply for a new license since my old license was from another county. It took about two weeks to be approved.

·
Registered
393 Posts
cminto said:
For the record, Pennsylvania does NOT issue concealed carry permits, Pennsylvania issues LTCF's "License to Carry a Firearm" You are under no obligation to conceal your weapon, and can in fact carry openly with no license at all in most of the State.
That's true, but there's a lot of debate about it, and that local police may harass you about it. Consensus seems to be conceal it, and what they (general public) don't know don't hurt.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
There is no debate about. Open carry is 100% legal in PA, and has been for a while. This year, the fact that open carry is legal in PA was included in police officers yearly required updates.

Any officer you does not understand this should take note of the recent decision by a Federal Judge in New Mexico where several police officers were denied "qualified immunity" for their involvement with a person carrying openly.

In other words, these officers can now be persoanlly sued by the person who was legally carrying openly.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Luzerne county....all you need to do is bribe a few judges and elected officials and you can drive a tank too......

Seriously I hope you got it all taken care of.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts