The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...... it's in the oven right now and boy does it smell good. Smells just like a recipe I had gotten off here some years ago.

Thank you Woodywoodduck for your help and suggestions!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I got some bear meat i am going too make soon cant wait you are making me hungry for it now.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, it turned out pretty well. My daughter took some back to college and she said she liked it better than the other recipe I have made. I think it needs a little "spiced" up, but all in all, pretty good.

I put it in muslin bags rather then the colagen casings that came with the kit. Those casings just smelled VILE! LOL

Also, added some oil to the burger instead of all the water it called for. Good idea Woody!

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Dutch said:
Hey, it turned out pretty well. My daughter took some back to college and she said she liked it better than the other recipe I have made. I think it needs a little "spiced" up, but all in all, pretty good. I put it in muslin bags rather then the colagen casings that came with the kit. Those casings just smelled VILE! LOL

Also, added some oil to the burger instead of all the water it called for. Good idea Woody!
Don't be afraid to add to the kit's spices!

I add a good extra 3 table spoons of hot pepper flakes to the trail bologna and a cup of sugar to the Regular Bologna kits...Knight feels the Regular Bologna needs more sugar added to the Regular Bologna kit...so his next deer, we are going to add 1 cup extra of while sugar and 1 cup extra of brown sugar...if it comes out like he likes, that will be the additive to his Deer Bologna when we make it!

When it comes to Jerky...I have to ADD a Whole Lot of Black Pepper, Texas Pete Hot Sauce to the Jerky I make for my Daughter, she likes it on the hot and spicey side and none of the kits seem to have just the right kick for her!

Con-Yeager is 1 of the better kits out there!

As for the smell of them Casings.. never smelled them, But They don't smell bad after soaking and then stuffing and cured, Plus you do not eat the casings!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts