The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped on the chance today to take the Utah cc class today at a local sportsman club. Class was excellant lots of paper work, picture taken, and fingerprinting lasted around 6 hours. Most was on hand gun safety which i will admit i learned alot. I feel im as experienced with rifles more than most folks since i do a ton of shooting but never really messed with hand guns that much. So i can say i walkd away today with a lot of hand gun knowledge that i didnt have prior. Instructor was excellant actually looked at everyones packetto see that paper work was filled out correct since he would mail in. Also hit the do's and dont's pertaining to cc of a handgun, very interesting. Main thing even though you can carry in these states covered you still have to adbide by each states laws of do and dont. I would highly recomend this class to any one. the fee for Utah permit is $51.00 good for 5 years than 15.00 renenwal. The class than was $100.00 included the clubs fee which paid the Genesis instructor and they probably made a buck too.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
You sure on the price and being 1000% covered??? When i looked into it, or being.able.to carry in like 41 states or.something, it was expensive....yearly costs and something weird i cant remember....maybe Utah is straight forward but to carry in more state you needed another state or something...

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mauser06 said:
You sure on the price and being 1000% covered??? When i looked into it, or being.able.to carry in like 41 states or.something, it was expensive....yearly costs and something weird i cant remember....maybe Utah is straight forward but to carry in more state you needed another state or something...
Its actually around 35 give or take states. I only did it so going to my cabin in Pa. i can carry. Im from Md. need to say no more its imposible here. However Pa. reconizes it so im good there, since my cabin was broken in to 4 years ago upon my last 1/2 mile i will be legal to carry is my only concern. Like i mentioned early you must abide by states law that your in. Example: In Utah you can consume 0.8 alcohol while carring, Va. you cant consume anything while carying. Know, i like a beer myself but it and guns never mixed with me so i really feel Va. is on the money. This permit is no different than going to another state to hunt and not read the rule book. I dont plan on traveling thru 7 states with my handgun but if i did i would darn sure know the law in each state i was traveling thru.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Good stuff! Thanx for the info! I may have been looking into carrying in more states...which required more...probably to carry in a state i frequently drive through or something...have been lucky...ive worked in MI and NC and they both recognize my PA license...dang Ohio makes my drive to MI a pain...i hate not having a loaded gun when traveling...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts