The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one on vacation while in the Poconos. Also know of one in the city of York, Pa.. Also visited a gun shop at Myrtle Beach, SC.

Are they expensive? I never used any. You get to use there guns too... However they would be good if you wanted to try certain type pistol or long guns if allowed before you purchased one.. Then it would be worth the money to try a Glock, or a 1911, etc etc.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
There's a place where I live that will let you go shoot autos at their range. Last time I heard it was around 20-30 bucks a clip.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Anthony's near the allegheny county airport has a nice indoor range...prices aren't too bad. they have plenty of hardware to try out too. first time i ever played with a GP100 throwing 38spl, that was an absolute pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The one in York is actually in West York on Market Street. Never been inside, but heard it's neat to shoot there.

Also, there is a REALLY nice one in Southern York County called, Freedom Armory, not too far off I-83: http://www.freedomarmory.com
You can rent all types of handguns there. It is a good idea to do exactly what you're thinking, test before buying. I wish I had done that for my wife. I bought her a S&W Sigma .40 cal. She had it in her mind she wanted something big, well she got it ...... and hated it. She only owned it 6 months.

Good Luck!

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Weimer said:
The one in York is actually in West York on Market Street. Never been inside, but heard it's neat to shoot there.
Is that the one by Chet Pattersons?

Also, while in flight school in Pensacola, I used to go to a gun shop that had a range indoors. Would pay xx for the range time, xx to rent a gun, and xx for ammo.

The x's really added up quickly, but I needed my gun fix!!

·
Registered
21,964 Posts
I purchased a nice used SIG in 40 cal yesterday and got to test it out at the indoor range on site. It was the first time I ever shot indoors. It was a cool experience but kind of tough to relax. That is more my own issue though. I generally shoot alone or with folks I know who have some gun experience. And not to say stuff won't happen even with folks you're comfortable with, I generally am more at ease with the surroundings.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
uncle buck said:
Saw one on vacation while in the Poconos. Also know of one in the city of York, Pa.. Also visited a gun shop at Myrtle Beach, SC.

Are they expensive? I never used any. You get to use there guns too... However they would be good if you wanted to try certain type pistol or long guns if allowed before you purchased one.. Then it would be worth the money to try a Glock, or a 1911, etc etc.
Was the one in the Poconos called Sunset Hill? If so I would pass on them. Range only goes out to 30yds, and they have to many fees. I used to go there alot, but then they took down the longer range targets, then they started to require a $15 safety briefing (which was a joke the instructor said show me how to clear the gun, I did it then he said "you know what you are doing" and that was it. Last time I went they said we dont have you on file for the safety briefing so you have to take another, then they added a $10 yearly membership fee. I told them no way would I pay that to shoot at their junky range- $10 range fee + $10 membership fee + $15 safety briefing (again) + $5 or 10 to shoot at the pistol range and then a $10 deposit in case you shoot the close line. This place is a joke...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts