The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am just wanting some opinions on hang on stands. I have Ameristep and Big Dog hang ons. I set in my Big Dogs out in Ohio this year all day and I am paying for it now. The back is killing me. What do you guys use for those all day sits in the hang on dept.? I seen on other forums that Milleniums are nice, but so are the prices. for one hang on i can get a great ladder stand.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I like my API's but I'm moving more towards leaners now. With the back rest and I feel safer in them......

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I use the "air" seats on my hang on stands. They are the ones that self inflate.They move with you and are very comfortable. My other option is I use my Summit stand as a hang on and use climbing sticks to get there. The summit stand sits nice with or without the extra padding.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
check out Dicks if you got one near ya. They have these hang ons on sale right now for 34.99. I bought one when they were 39.99 on sale a couple months ago. Most comfortable seat I have out of about 12 hang ons I have.

·
Registered
582 Posts
KCROE said:
One of the most comfortable lock-on's I've ever sat in and pretty easy to set up. A little pricey but....

http://millenniumstands.com/
I couldn't agree with you more...I bought 2 of these last year at the Sportsman Show and used them for the first time this year. I sat out all day 4 times this year. Easy to put up and even easier to take down. And you won't find a more comfortable all day stand.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I bought two hang-ons at Dicks. They are the 79.99 ones and then use climbing sticks to access them. They have a sling seat, side rails and shooting rail up front. Including the climbing sticks you have about a hundred bucks in each stand. Waiting for them to go on sale again, bought one for 69.99, I'll be buying two more for next year. Comfortable to sit in all day and have a very large foot platform.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Q2XL you are right about those stands at Dicks' . Decent platform and very comfortable . I used three locations all of archery season and accessed with the Lone Wolf sticks as the wind played out . Great season on stand but yet no venison in the freezer , as the bucks were chasing ,not stopping !

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"I seen on other forums that Milleniums are nice, but so are the prices."

Yea like i said in my original post I'm trying to avoid the $220 price tag for hang ons. Another thing that bugs me. Wal Mart used to sell Ameristep climbing sticks. I waited until December when the went on sale and bought 2 or 3 sets for 20 to 30 bucks every year for the last 2 years. Now all of the sudden all the wal marts around me sell Remington Ladder stands and nothing else. I emailed Ameristep with no response.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I sat in the Millenium hang on at a local shop recently. It will be the stand I use next season. Like the idea of hanging the receivers at different locations and carrying the stand in.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
The Milleniums are really comfortable for those all day sits. I hunted out of a couple of them in Iowa last year and the only problem I had was that I thought for my height (6-2) that I sat too low in the stand and it was somewhat difficult to stand up in a hurry if a deer happenned by quickly and I thought the seat pushed you far out on the stand. Most everyone loved them with no issues so maybe that was just me. While the stands are expensive you really only need one as the brackets are pretty reasonable and the idea is to set up the brackets on multiple stand sites and take the stand with you each hunt. Kind of makes sense. I have also hunted out of the Gorilla stands quite often which offer good platforms and very comfortable also. Generally here at home I rarely get more than 3 hours at a time to hunt so I prety much go with the previous mentioned stands that Dick's offers as a good economical stand.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I used the Pro-Series King Kong HX last year during rifle, and was satisfied. My son has several of them. I think they sell for around $99 but after rifle season Wal-Mart had them for $59 and he bought several. For over 25 years I have built my own small, compact stands and still use them during the archery season.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like my Gorilla King Kong. Dick's has a Comfort Zone XL stand for like $59. I'm going to buy one here pretty quick. I prefer stands with a large platform. Both these stands have 24"X30" platforms.

·
Registered
582 Posts
huntin-nut said:
and the only problem I had was that I thought for my height (6-2) that I sat too low in the stand and it was somewhat difficult to stand up in a hurry if a deer happenned by quickly and I thought the seat pushed you far out on the stand.
I noticed that too. They seemed to sit a little lower than my 2 Gorilla King Kong stands (that I'll be selling). The Gorillas were comfortable but hard to sit in all day long and not get a sore back. On the Milenniums, you have to go almost all the way out to the end of the platform to allow the seat to go up. But the more I hunted out of them. the more I got used to that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts