The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising and sales division for Comcast Cable, has halted all ads having to do with guns on its nationwide network.

“Comcast Spotlight has decided it will not accept new advertising for firearms or weapons moving forward,” the company said in a statement. “This policy aligns us with the guidelines in place at many media organizations.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013.../#ixzz2LMTrf81K

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I'm glad I dumped them 4 months ago. There products and service was terrible in this part of PA.

·
Super Moderator
26,934 Posts
Just read that. All of us need to dump them!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
That is funny, they removed themselves as a sponser for the HBG sportsmans show in support of the sportsmen and the 2nd amendment.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John S said:
That is funny, they removed themselves as a sponser for the HBG sportsmans show in support of the sportsmen and the 2nd amendment.
yep to try and fool the public into thinking they were with the Sportsman, when the only reason they pulled out was public outcry and to get off a fast sinking ship. I wonder now how long it will be before thy pull the Sportsman Channel , Outdoor Channel, etc.. from their lineup??

·
Registered
763 Posts
They sent me a statement that they were never a sponser of the show it was put up by mistake. Which I do not by. All I know is that after sending alot of e-mail over the show. they contacted me and said I own them 1200.00 for a box from Cal. I have had Verizon from 06.and will never have Comcast again.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
They were indeed a sponsor because a good friend of mine has been a salesman for years for them and was at the show the past 3yrs representing them!
That said, they just got a nasty gram from me. I don't have any other option in my valley and i'm sure they will see that and tell me to bug off but at least they will have read my thoughts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So, The Sportsman and Outdoor Channels, full of hunting, fishing & shooting shows, will no longer have any commercials with firearms? Period?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Reading this thread with a Comcast ad in the right hand column of this very page

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
btbowhunter56 said:
Reading this thread with a Comcast ad in the right hand column of this very page
LOL!!Yup, right over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm just north of 4C GC, and we don't have options up here for cable net which I need for my business. They just jacked my bill 40% last year cuz they could. I don't even have tv, just the net! What comes around......

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
You have a choice.... Dish or Direct TV. Dish offers internet service as well via satellite. There are local options for the net as well.

BTW - With either - I never lost signal during bad weather as much as I did with Comcast in 2 years.

Something to think about. Oh yeah - both have introductory specials.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just switched from Comcast triple play to Verizon triple pay. I was paying $160 per month. I now pay $70 a month. Locked in at that rate for 2 years. Comcast service was horrible.

On a side note I gave noticed that NBC Sports is not showing any hunting shows. It's all fishing.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Bluetick said:
You have a choice.... Dish or Direct TV. Dish offers internet service as well via satellite. There are local options for the net as well.

BTW - With either - I never lost signal during bad weather as much as I did with Comcast in 2 years.

Something to think about. Oh yeah - both have introductory specials.
We have tried both, we were told we would have to cut down the 100ft pines beside our house AND talk one of our neighbors into cutting down some of theirs. We are situated in a very "inopportune spot" for signal they tell me. Besides that, I need business class internet and they are the only ones in my area that can do it. As much as I hate them, until Verizon gets off their butts and gets me FIOS, I have to do what I have to do in order to conduct business.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
4C, did you have a tech come out and test your site? I talked to reps from both Direct and Dish and was convinced that they would never work at my place either.
I was so fed up with Comcast going out with every storm and not getting back online for several hours to a day later, I finally made an appointment with Dish and have to say was pleasantly surprised. We get a great signal and yesterday was the first time that I had to clean the snow off the dish because it was like plaster. We are paying the same price for 250 channels this year that we were paying for 60 with Comcast.
Dish also offers high-speed internet but requires a seperate dish. Can't wait to dump Frontier,our phone and internet provider, when our contract ends this year.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
pappybear, yes. They came out multiple times (each company). Direct let us drop due to the issue, but dish made us buy out our contract so they will never see a penny of mine again. It was a frustrating few months because during that debacle I was running home grade DSL from frontier which was a nightmare and cost me a lot of money(in time that is). Our cable has been rock solid, no outages in 3years.

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
Comcast is the only utility I know of that you’re paying for service in advance. The fact they made a run at purchasing Disney should show how much they overcharge for the poor service they provide. Somehow I do not consider Top Gun to be a premium HBO movie anymore.

For what I pay for Comcast and what I pay for Blue Ridge Comcast is more then double and offers 1/3 of the options.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Birch all cell phone are paid one month in advance along with verizon Fios. My garbage bill is also paid 4 months in advance.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Guys, aren't we getting a bit off topic.... this started as a forum on how bad Comcast is to protecting the 2A, and has morphed into how bad their service is.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
John S said:
I read that Comcast was never a sponsor of the show and that they asked to have their name removed from the Reed webpage. I found it hard to believe that Reed would have put their name on their page without actually having a sponsorship.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts