The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too tired to give very much to the story as our spot is a little ways back in, but here is a pic of the setup.

Earlier in the evening Colton had busted this doe that had come out into field. The shot was perfect and she was dead quickly.

A little while after we got settled back into our seats this buck stepped out of the corner and Colton made a perfect shot right thru the middle of the heart. Needless to say he didn't make it far either. After Emily's buck last night and now this buck I think our Christmas money will be going to the taxidermist.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Wow, congrats to the little man! Your family is like an unstoppable hunting force. I am impressed, good job Dad.

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
buckhunter said:
Wow, congrats to the little man! Your family is like an unstoppable hunting force. I am impressed, good job Dad.
I would say lucky. Most years I am lucky to get a glimpse of a deer like that let alone a shot. The kids get them on back to back nights. Go figure.

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Outstanding, congrats to all!

·
Registered
19,581 Posts
The freezer will be full, the taxidermist will be licking his chops at the big check, and the Cspot clan will be reliving the opening week of archery 2104 for a long time!

Way to go on an impressive two day run. Congrats to the young man for two prefect shots on two great deer that has many of us feeling a little inadequate right now, lol!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Great Colton... lol my son asked me last night if "that little boy" got a deer yet. Now I can tell him he has...
RSB between Cspots kids, your kids, and my kids... I say we are have a good showing on how this mentored hunt is working!

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
THE MENTORED PROGRAM IS AWESOME.Great job Colton.No more hunting for the rest of the year though.Dad has to work a bunch of over time to pay for all that taxidermy.

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dce said:
THE MENTORED PROGRAM IS AWESOME.Great job Colton.No more hunting for the rest of the year though.Dad has to work a bunch of over time to pay for all that taxidermy.
Yes. My wife told the kids that this year Christmas may be a bit skinny on gifts with the taxidermy bill.

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ccall29 said:
Congrats to your kids! Now it looks as though YOU will have some time to hunt.
. I still have the youngest daughter that still has to shoot her buck so it won't be my time yet. I will have Wednesday though since she has choir practice. Not sure if there will be any legal ones left. They are fading fast. Lol.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts