The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was helping a family friend go through her deceased husbands guns last evening and she has a blued 6" Colt Python revolver with vented rib and adjustable sites. She is not sure when it was purchased but it was at least 17 years ago. Bluing is nice and has some small scuffs in the wood grips. She also found some .38 reloads that I am assuming can be used in this gun as well. What does a gun like this sell for? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Depending on condition it could bring $1500 to 2000.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Dogface said:
Depending on condition it could bring $1500 to 2000.
Ditto. Get the SN and research it. condition, year built, and factory options will dictate what side of the $1500-$2000 spectrum the gun is on. Best of luck.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
MQ-1 said:
Was helping a family friend go through her deceased husbands guns last evening and she has a blued 6" Colt Python revolver with vented rib and adjustable sites. She is not sure when it was purchased but it was at least 17 years ago. Bluing is nice and has some small scuffs in the wood grips. She also found some .38 reloads that I am assuming can be used in this gun as well. What does a gun like this sell for? Thanks.
Search GunBroker completed auctions to get an idea of what her deceased husbands Python is worth. Pythons can bring crazy high prices.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Those old Colts are nice and highly collectible. I lucked into a Colt Diamondback, 38 special, circa 1975. $1,500 to 2,000.00 sounds about right on value.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
Dang! I have a blued one and a like new in box python elite stainless. I gotta think about moving them!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The price is about right. If you shoot handgun I wouldn't sell it. I have the same gun and it shoots with amazing accuracy. The shots I have made with that thing will stay in my memory forever. The .357 is very underrated as a whitetail cartridge in a handgun as well. 8 deer and not a step taken; longest one was 100 yards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts