The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there in HPA land own one of the Colt 22's? I've been looking at the various brands of them lately and finally ordered the M4 OPS today after shooting my Bushmaster. I'm pretty excited about getting a new plinker and was wondering what sorts of ammo you're using. I know all the other semi-auto 22s I've had were particular about what they would feed.

·
Registered
983 Posts
id love to hear what you have to say about that gun once you get it as ive been wanting one real bad for the past couple months, i heard that they really only like cci ammo, i think cci actually makes 22 ammo made for ar 22s.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that CCI ammo, I think it was $22 for a bulk box, didn't check to see how many were in the package but I'll probably give that a shot first. I looked at the S&W, the Sig, and Colt and they're all pretty sweet, I'm hoping it's all I think it will be when I actually get to fire it.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got a chance to shoot it today. I didn't buy any new ammo for it because I had about 2000 rounds of various types that I figured I would see if they would work first. The Winchester Super X worked flawless for me. I must add that I haven't shot a whole lot lately with open sites so this is pretty good for me, but here is my 25 yard 30 round target. It is a fun gun to shoot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts