The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recommendations for an outfitter to use for a trespass fee hunt in Colorado? We have went with the same outfitter a few times now. Just looking to check out some other options. Looking for next year probably third season.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I hunt public land in NW Colorado. Don't know of any ranches that will allow yo0 to pay a trespass fee to hunt but there is a well known rancher that controls over 30,000 acres adjoining BML, Trust and National Forest land that charges $1,000.00 to enter his property to recover a wounded animal.
Maybe contacting the local Colorado DOW office in the area you plan to hunt can offer some leads.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am certainly not opposed to have bring BLM land either. I just don't really know where to begin should we go that route.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
BLM land that is open to the public needs to come in contact with a public road. A lot of BLM land in controlled by the Rancher whose property surrounds it.
You can get a list and maps from the BLM Office. Don't rely on older maps or those published by other agencies as BLM land changes
frequently. Colorado trespass laws totally favor the landowner and are prosecuted by all LEO's and DOW officers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts