The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and myself are looking to use up our 20 preference points for antelope this fall in Colorado. we were thinking a rifle hunt in northwest part of the state units 2/201 (high draw area). we were thinking of hunting public land (BLM) has anybody ever hunted that area? Is that a smart choice or should we go on a private ranch?
thanks !

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
A buddy and myself are looking to use up our 20 preference points for antelope this fall in Colorado. we were thinking a rifle hunt in northwest part of the state units 2/201 (high draw area). we were thinking of hunting public land (BLM) has anybody ever hunted that area? Is that a smart choice or should we go on a private ranch?
thanks !
Wow 20 points each? I dont know what it takes to draw a good goat tag in Colorado but with that many points you guys should be able to pick a unit and kill book goats. You dont have a plan with the amount of points you have? If I invested 20 years in points I would already know where I would be hunting, and it would be where I could shoot an 80 inch buck. Good luck on your tag but I think you are under the gun not having a plan already. Easily solved talking to an outfitter. As far as public land you had 20 years to do that. As far as the area You want to hunt DIY check out the Colorado forums on monster muleys.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts