The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I are looking for recommendations for an elk guide/outfitter for next year in Colorado. We have never been elk hunting and we are planning to go next year so we do not have time to accumulate points. We would like somewhere with a good chance of success with a rifle so we are focusing more on private ranches. We are not concerned with make sure we ride in and "rough" it but at the same time we don't want to simply ride around in a truck. There are so many options it makes your head spin.

Has anyone went on a Ranching for Wildlife hunt with a rifle during the rut? This sounds like fun but look like a book fast.

I have looked through the hunts on Premier Hunting Adventures and my friend has talked to another service like this.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations or issues.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
We have extensive experience on a particular Ranching for Wildlife property - Morgan Creek Ranch
Have hunted bulls on it 8 times in the last 20 years. All successful hunts on 5 and 6 point bulls. (wife's was a 7 x 7)

If you search my posts . you can find stories on our 2012, 2014,(the wife hunted) and 2016 hunts.

I would be glad to help with contacts. Also have researched another outfitter that also runs a similar quality operation.

John L

1 - 3 of 3 Posts