The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a color-phase jake I just finished. Still a pretty bird even though it's a jake and all of his feathers aren't fully developed and his tail feather ends are pretty ratty. He was shot somewhere by Brookeville. No farms or tame turkeys around where he was shot, so I'm guessing it's just a wild, color-phase bird.

http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/whitetailcountry/media/tn_zps360cdb8c.jpg.html

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Jeff,

Awesome job on the head coloration. Perfect color for a gobbler doing what it is doing in the pose.

Bending the wing tips up shows a true respect for detail as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for noticing! Most people wouldn't or couldn't find the little details like that.

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Awesome job Jeff, Reminds me why I drive over 2hrs up to your shop when I need something done. That is a unique bird and I am sure the owner will be pleased.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I'm a little skeptical about there being no tame blood somewhere in it's ancestry. But notwithstanding, that mount job is one of the nicest turkeys I've ever seen. And the pose definitely shows off the bird. I spend a good bit of time in Elk County. Guess I know where I'm taking my bird when I get one mounted.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again everyone. Kudu...I also have a hard time with it being a truly wild bird, but I have no other explanation as there is no tame birds around, that he knows of, and it responded just like a wild one. Who knows...it could have been kicked into the area from a farther away farm? He's going with a wild, color phase bird and I can't dispute that.

·
Super Moderator
24,059 Posts
Very nice mount

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Jeff that's the best looking turkey I've seen mounted! absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts