The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my. Ohio State beating Alabama. And most SEC teams down to defeat except maybe Missouri and Georgia, both who lost in the SEC this year.

For the diehard Alabama fan the defeat will probably equal the burning down of Alabama University, by the Yankees 150 years ago. I think the elephant mascot and everyone else, forgot about that.

The SEC strength use to be in defense. Now with the rule changes there hardly is a defense.

·
Super Moderator
26,650 Posts
Not a fan of Ohio State nor Oregon, but glad to see it's those two still playing instead of 'Bama or FSU!!

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
BCozhunter said:
Not a fan of Ohio State nor Oregon, but glad to see it's those two still playing instead of 'Bama or FSU!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
... anybody but FSU.

,or Miami , for what it's worth. .

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
camohunter7 said:
... anybody but FSU.

,or Miami , for what it's worth. .
I'm right there with ya! I hated to root for OSU, but seeing Bama go down to defeat was priceless as well.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Nice to know that OSU fans will always know that PSU beat them this year...regardless of what the officials did.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Interesting that if the BCS were still in place, we would have gotten Oregon and OSU in the Rose Bowl while it probably would have been FSU (zero losses is big in BCS) and Bama in the BCS Championship Game.

Funny how D-III, D-II, and D-IAA, excuse me, "FCS", can have those athletes participate in a playoff but it took an act of the Almighty to get a four-team playoff.

Eight teams would be awesome. The champs of the "Power Five" conferences, then the champ of one of the other conferences if ranked in say, top twenty or something, then two teams at-large.

Say TCU, Baylor, Michigan State, and a school like Marshall added into the mix this year.

But the $$$ people won't have it.

Just don't tell me it's too many games. If the lads at Mount Union and Wisconsin-Whitewater can play 15 games a year and meet up the Stagg Bowl for the D-III championship, then the guys who will play 16 games in the NFL next year can play one more playoff round.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
mus42tang said:
Oh my. Ohio State beating Alabama. And most SEC teams down to defeat except maybe Missouri and Georgia, both who lost in the SEC this year.

For the diehard Alabama fan the defeat will probably equal the burning down of Alabama University, by the Yankees 150 years ago. I think the elephant mascot and everyone else, forgot about that.

The SEC strength use to be in defense. Now with the rule changes there hardly is a defense.
What rule changes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts