The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at another trapping site I belong to and a guy from northern Ontario mentioned he snared a wolf that had a collar that had a phone number and said Minnesota DNR. He called the number and the DNR person he talked to confirmed that wolf was caught during a study about a year or so ago and from the study point to where it was snared was 838 air miles away! That just goes to show you how much these things travel and that wolves can show up here on PA's doorstep. It may never happen but you never know.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Tussey, why are you sure there never will be a breeding population?? Just curious...michigan has em...isnt a ton different than our northern tier...

·
Premium Member
24,204 Posts
I agree..same as Mountain Lions

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
All great posts!

And Mauser....if I'm pickin' up what Tussey is puttin' down by reading between the lines.....I think he's suggesting there's probably a few people who won't allow a breeding pair to live long enough.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Could be banjo...

I am in northern Michigan right now...as i look out the window it looks awful similar to our northern tier...there are actually more houses and tourists here in the summer time than home...they came down from the UP...Wisconsin also has wolves i believe...never been there but i know PA, MI, WI all have(had) a ton of hunters..snowmobiling is wildly huge up here...so if anything wolves are likely disturbed more than they would in in PA...i know they are more of a wilderness critter which is why i.bring those point up.....i just think.it is highly.possible...if we'd let it happen...heck we have fisher and cats...both are a wilderness critter too...

Not saying i want wolves in PA....but, i think its very possible...and if they can get across Ohio theyd be right at home in PA once they found it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts