The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle gave me this stove a few years ago. I just got around to working on it. It works great after a new oring

Not sure of the year but its between 1956-1960.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Man that take's me back.

My Dad, and my three uncles, (Reds, Bunk and Randy), used to take trips to Hillsgrove to hunt turkeys in a 1956 Chevy back in the late 60's.

"Uncle Bunk" would always take his Coleman stove with us.

Hot dogs, fried potatoes and baked beans on that thing for lunch, (or actually about 10:30), and the trips with those guys created memories that I will never forget.

·
Registered
910 Posts
We had a stove like that we took to whipples dam every Memorial day for breakfast and fishing outing with a Centre County fire co.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Last Oct. ,I was camping at Raystown Lake and was at the dumpster with my garbage for the day, when a gent walked up to the dumpster with one of those and was going to throw it away. I said are you getting rid of that and he said it was completely junk and wouldnt work,so I said I have use for that and he handed it over ,I said thanks and took it back to camp. I oiled up the leather on the pump and pumped it up and lit it right up ,works like the day it came out of the box, even had a full tank of coleman fuel.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to be around mechanical stuff.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really like the size of this one, it's alittle bigger then my propane one.

·
Administrator
29,930 Posts
Still using them!
Mine is about 30 years old, and works as good as when it was new. Keep em clean and the leather oiled, and they last forever.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got these tonight on a trade. One is a 1962 the brighter one is a 1973 but it has brand new mantels the 62 I have no idea how old they are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts