The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hunting in this cold?? They feeding twice a day in your area or just once. Tired of reading all the Sportsmans shows threads!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
haven't been looking yet.....I was going to go out for fox and coons this week, but I have been dealing with this crazy dizzyness that may be the flu. I do believe that most of the geese in my immediate area are staying put and feeding on the banks around the roost.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I seen about 400 geese feeding. near my work for hours..I m heading the last weekend...gotta man it up and try to go out with a blast with this weather.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I wish we got hit with this December 6th.

You guys know it's going to be 48 and raining February 2nd.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
They're hitting grass hard in my area and some birds were feeding twice some birds were just feeding all day.

stevenstiegel said:
haven't been looking yet.....I was going to go out for fox and coons this week, but I have been dealing with this crazy dizzyness that may be the flu. I do believe that most of the geese in my immediate area are staying put and feeding on the banks around the roost.
Steven, I experienced something like this last year. I was so dizzy I couldn't even drive a car, and I would just about fall when I got out of bed. They called it "vertigo" and it was the result of an inner ear infection (my ear did not hurt at all). I would start taking decongestants and drinking lots of water that should set you straight.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
DrakesOnly said:
They're hitting grass hard in my area and some birds were feeding twice some birds were just feeding all day.

stevenstiegel said:
Steven, I experienced something like this last year. I was so dizzy I couldn't even drive a car, and I would just about fall when I got out of bed. They called it "vertigo" and it was the result of an inner ear infection (my ear did not hurt at all). I would start taking decongestants and drinking lots of water that should set you straight.

that's what I am starting to think it is....thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Kwright032 said:
Anybody hunting in this cold?? They feeding twice a day in your area or just once. Tired of reading all the Sportsmans shows threads!
Its supposed to warm up slightly on sat (last day). We'll be out. Last Sat was the best day we've had all year w/ #s of geese seen. Is this cold weather known to keep them grounded?

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
I hear the river is even freezing up? Spring ponds and streams that don't freeze could be hotspots these last few days!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah I havent been out scouting because work is crazy busy right now, I have been at work through the daylight hours. If you were going to go out Saturday and hope for the best blindly, would you hunt the am or pm, obviously it would be best to stay all day but I cant pull that off...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Lots of birds around feeding twice a day. Small water is locking up fast and congregating birds.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Once a day here , but I was away, only watched them two days, all came out between 12:30 and 2, and all went to the same field, not far from roost.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts