The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cold weather parka that has a zip in liner. Needs to be quiet and have pockets and the bottom zipper. Why is it so hard to find a decent parka these days? I wish I could find one of the old Hydro Fleece gore tex from Browning.

Anybody have Cabelas ten point parka?

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
My parkas are old. I have a blaze orange hunting parka that's some forty years old, works great, and still fits.
Twenty years ago picked up green/black parka that was on sale in early spring. It's has feathers for insulation. Work good. It'd about 20 years old.

Then my wife bought a fairly new parka at Goodwill that I worn on cool and cold days the last few years. Fella must have thought global warming had ended parka career.
All three are different and each one keeps me warm.

Can't complain about parkas. It's going into the 20ies here in GA this week. I think I'll wear the 20 year old parka.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I had a Rocky parka with a liner that zipped out it was real warm but it was too bulky for my liking so I gave it away

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I have the Cabela's 10point dry plus 4-1parka and bibs. It' s a nice suit, a little bulky but warm. The Dry-plus liner is almost as good as goretex and will keep you dry in most conditions.

I recently bought the MT 50 Whitetail Extreme which I like better .
It's goretex lined and not as bulky as the 10pt but just as warm.
If you can do without the zip out liner, I'd definitely spend the extra money for the MT50 .

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Try a layering underneath a Filson Mackinaw cruiser.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts