The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess a fit of stupidity came over me this weekend. I drove down to Confluence to fish this morning at the outflow of the Yough. It was quite a trip up over the mountain from Ohiopyle in the dark before it was plowed.
I got there right at daybreak and suprisingly someone was there before me. Fished for about two hours. With the higher water, wind and snow it was pretty slow. I did not see anyone else catch a fish at all. I managed two rainbows and missed two others before it got a bit too nippy. I took my dog Chuck with me and he was running all over through the snow and water. I heard him crying behind me and saw he was soaked with ice hanging off him. Figured that was a good time to bag it. When he got in the heat in the car, he was lights out by the time we got back to Ohiopyle. Wasn't the greatest day, but still anyday fishing isn't all that bad.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
LOL i uploaded a picture from facebook i took from the weather channel on my pc. At 15 til 7 it was 15 with a reel feel temp of -2. I ended up with 4 3 bows, 1 brown. All caught on red beadhead pheasant tails but 1 on a coyote streamer.

Dedicated? NO WAY! ADDICTED!!!!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bowmike said:
LOL i uploaded a picture from facebook i took from the weather channel on my pc. At 15 til 7 it was 15 with a reel feel temp of -2. I ended up with 4 3 bows, 1 brown. All caught on red beadhead pheasant tails but 1 on a coyote streamer.

Dedicated? NO WAY! ADDICTED!!!!
Way to get out there after them brother!!! What's a little snow and wind???
Can't catch them from a warm bed.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
So I'm new to the area, but live closer to where the Yough meets the Mon then where the dam is. Obviously stocked fish have probably made their way throughout all parts of the Yough, but is the fishing any good on the lower stretches? Ive got some buddies who just went and bought all kinds of trout gear, and want me to take them out fishing for their first time. We tried some small streams today, but they were pretty well fished out. Is it worth fishing down near the Mon? Or the area near Rt. 70, the area where Jacobs Creek meets it in Westmoreland County? Anybody ever fish down there and do any good? Looking to hit it on Thursday maybe...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I was there on 2/18 with my sons and a buddy. There was about 8 other guys fishing and only saw one guy catch a few small trout. Was a gorgeous day though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts