The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRRR It was cold out there.
We hit the brush about 9 AM at a balmy 10 degrees with a breeze.
This spot was just loaded again this year.
2 and 3 up at a time and the dogs did a really decent job despite the cold. I was especially happy with 15 month old Duke, He ran just super all day. Molly was probably top hound for the day and Toddo's Chase was really strong early but faded late, but this young guy really gets it.
Handled about perfect, hunted hard and ran the front a lot.

Here are a few pics We ended up taking 9 but Todd's gun misfired on 3 more hitable shots. So the three of us should have limited out.
Duke is in my right hand

I have a really good female, Cinder, down for her heat cycle so Duke is up to bat.

JOhn L

·
Registered
18,561 Posts
Nice!

My dad and cousin went out today as well and managed seven. I tried getting a coyote started with no luck.

·
Banned
313 Posts
Nice hunt John...he needs to trade those shells out or get a new firing pin that's a lot of miss fires for one day lol

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GTR_Beagles said:
Nice hunt John...he needs to trade those shells out or get a new firing pin that's a lot of miss fires for one day lol
Actually the total was 6 dry fires with 2 different manufacturer shells, Wins ans Feds so that made it even more frustraing for Todd. Just that 3 of the shots were creamers after good long runs ouch.
Gun will be looked at but dang he was upset

I busted on him pretty good though LOL

John L

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Nice day ! Time for a new gun for Todd, LOL!
We ran six and killed two, with a few clean misses!
17 degrees, but the wind was a killer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys. Now that I have calmed down from all the miss fires on Saturday I can tell you it is a Richland Arms, made by Investarm. It happened mostly on the first pull which is the bottom barrel, but I did have a miss fire on a second shot out of the top barrel. I took the gun all apart this weekend and sprayed it down, so I am hoping the problem is solved. I still have some suspicions that John took the powder out of some of the shells just to have a laugh (he did seem to bust on me quite a bit). No I guess he wouldn't do that LOL. Well I guess I will just have to bring an extra gun with me this weekend just to be safe.

·
Registered
248 Posts
peterst66 said:
Hey guys. Now that I have calmed down from all the miss fires on Saturday I can tell you it is a Richland Arms, made by Investarm. It happened mostly on the first pull which is the bottom barrel, but I did have a miss fire on a second shot out of the top barrel. I took the gun all apart this weekend and sprayed it down, so I am hoping the problem is solved. I still have some suspicions that John took the powder out of some of the shells just to have a laugh (he did seem to bust on me quite a bit). No I guess he wouldn't do that LOL. Well I guess I will just have to bring an extra gun with me this weekend just to be safe.

I had same happen to me on an Older "Antonio Zoli" O/U... Zoli were made in italy, Nice gun, nice wood, nice metal, but inside guts of gun were not made for pounding everyday... the cocking lever on inside frame wore out... couldn't find parts for it in USA... later a Gun smith welded peice metal inside the reciever on cocking levers, Gunsmith said best all around O/U is a "box lock" they never wear out.... anyways I hunted with the Zoli for few more years started to wear out again, then I traded it towards Remington 1100 semi-auto.... thoes older semi-autos get picky from time to time have keep them clean.....

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Nothing wrong with the design of your old Zoli, they just used internal parts of the wrong steel and temper. Franchi guns of the 60's had the same problem, parts came from the same place. Some of the BC Miroku guns had the same bad luck. It is easy to fix now, oversize parts are made of quality steel and the gunsmith just needs to fit them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts