The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
season so far! Shot my second doe this morning in that 13 degree temps! I walked up on a bunch of does bedded down in the pines and waited for one to stand up, 35 yard shot, she went about 40 yards! I'll post the pice of my first one also, I shot it in 2B last week, went down there to hunt with one of my buddies and we saw 13 bucks and about 80 does! 6 of the bucks were legal but we didn't kill any of them! Finally in the evening I shot a doe not far from his house, keeping my muzzleloader streak alive. I have killed at least one doe every year since I started to hunt with a flintlock. On another note, I have decided Treestand must be bad luck, we have hunted together every day but 2 and those two days were the days I killed deer! (Sorry Treestand!)

This one is last week from 2B

This one is from this morning

Thanks for looking guys and good luck to anyone going out tomorrow!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I love snow camo!

Nuge, glad you are back!
(Maybe you've been back, I haven't been on in awhile!)

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
m77lewis said:
Thanks guys, I love snow camo!

Nuge, glad you are back!
(Maybe you've been back, I haven't been on in awhile!)
Thanks... I took a small vacation from here

I noticed you and treestand really have the nack and patience/persistence for this late season stuff. Tough to find guys that will stick it out in this weather like this, and still want more after.

Congrats again, and here's to many more

·
6,450 Posts
thanks for the
nuge.. hunting for us is like an incurrable disease(for lack of a better analogy) once it gets in you you can never get rid of it. lew and i are very passionate about the great sport of hunting. we try and do it with 100% of what we got. here is a
to everyone we can share our best and worse moments in the feild with.good luck to you and everyone in the seasons to come.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I can relate quite well Tree... I love to read the success from you guys, from October straight through January every year. You guys sure did have a good season once again.

Good luck if you guys head back out anymore. We just got 5-6" of snow, and it's the really soft/quiet stuff. Good stalking medicine

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll be back out all day tomorrow, trying to talk Tree into driving for me! (hinthint) I still have a buck tag and another doe tag, although i'm not going to try and fill the doe tag very hard.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Great job!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts