The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has been stuck in my craw since opening day of rifle and i think about it alot never told anyone,i've been hunting a farm up north for more years than i care to remember,i always call before the season opens to see whats running and just b.s. to the farmer,when i called this year his son told me that his dad had passed away last feburary.he was 80 but he didn't look it.i was sick over his passing as he and i had always hit it off and in my younger days me and my buddy's either hunting groundhogs,grouse,deer would sleep in the barn.[he loved it]well opening day this year the rain was pounding down and i'm hunkered down in a small pine stand looking down into a hollow with a nasty thicket;i started to think about my farmer friend and in my mind said to him that i hope he's happy where he's at now,and if he could give me a sign or something[this man had a laugh that was unmistakenable]I SWEAR on the LORD to you at that exact moment the absolutely most beautiful buck and i just don't mean his headgear i'm talkin the complete animal he was the ADONIS of deer,at least a real big 8, let me see him for a few seconds then dissappeared into that thicket never to be seen again by me or anyone else in the area,and i swear immediately after that buck dissappeared i heard JIM'S unmistakeable laugh.don't care if you believe it or not, but i am now a believer that man's soul was there on the land he loved so much.and by the way i killed my first buck on his land many many years ago and it was a big 8

·
Registered
79 Posts
Vapor..I believe you and have no doubt that the man you loved and were grieving for sent you a sign not only to let you know he was all right but to alleviate some of your grief...So take solace in that and believe that you will see him again one day..God Bless.
Leep:

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
That's supernatural, as they say. Just goes to show there is an invisible world and alot cannot be explained.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts