The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a reliable coin dealer in the SE Penna area.
I have some coins willed to me that I would like to sell.
I have looked up their value but I can't seem to find a dealer.
it seems like there used to be a lot more around yester-year than today...
Any references would be appreciated...

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Word to the wise, if you are using places like Amazon or Ebay to get your values, be prepared to get well below those values. I second going to more than one place is a good idea

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
There is a place in Willow Street along route 272 at the split near the McDonalds. Can`t remember name of it. It is in the shopping center where the Giant grocery store is located

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Any updates on this? Did you find someone to take these to and did you figure out all the pricing you wanted

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am still organizing and grouping like type coins.
There are 100's if not thousands of loose coins to go through.
Thankfully the silver dollars and nickels were labeled and packaged together.
The loose pennies and nickels are driving me crazy. I have to go one by one to see if each one is something or not.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
yeah but its fun. 8 point if you are looking to sell let me know
Agreed but like any other "collection" if you aren't really into said "collection" it can become a burden. The bad thing with such a large collection of coins is you could think that dime is just a dime and throw it off to the side but it easily could be one of the more valuable pieces in the collection. If you cant take all of the coins to a person to check over make sure you do your homework and know some things to look out for.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I put all my silver coins in coin flips, stapled the corners and take small needle nose pliers to flatten the staple ends. Label the coins the year and if it has a mint mark. I have cases I put them in, there all in order, dimes in there own case, quarters etc. Good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts