The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excalibur vs Wicked Ridge
Do anyone know what the cocked width of the limbs are on these bows? I have a 6 Pt Flex recurve and the cocked width is 30 inches. I was thinking of going to a wheeled crossbow but like the simplicity of the recurve. Since I hunt on the ground, manueverability is important.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
i believe the new excalibur micro is 22.5 cocked

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Just got back from shooting a micro at the bow shop.Did not measure anything.Very nice compact bow.It is loud even with string suppressors.Someone shooting next to me even made comment on how loud it was.Still very impressed with it.Has 270# of pull, which is high if you are a smaller person and strength issues.I had did cock it and did feel difference from a compound xbow.

·
Registered
78 Posts
HSY93 said:
Just got back from shooting a micro at the bow shop.Did not measure anything.Very nice compact bow.It is loud even with string suppressors.Someone shooting next to me even made comment on how loud it was.Still very impressed with it.Has 270# of pull, which is high if you are a smaller person and strength issues.I had did cock it and did feel difference from a compound xbow.
I purchased one of these about 2 weeks ago. Took me 3 bolts out of the box after putting the bow together to consistently hit bulls at 20yds. Fine tuned it at 30 and 40yds. with again consistently hitting bulls with ease off of a rest. I shoot 100grn. grim reaper mechanicals out to 40yds. and bulls all the way from 20yds. I took a mature doe at 21yds. and watched her drop with a double lung shot. Yes the bow is a little loud, but the speed and accuracy makes up for it. I must say for my first xbow I am VERY pleased with how easy it is to sight in, cock, and shoot!!!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I've got a few in stock (Excalibur Micro) and have been playing with one. Very nice bow indeed.I should have custom arrows worked out for it shortly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts