The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad who is 73 bought a inline several years ago and loves it..We would go to camp so he could deer hunt and I would grouse and woodcock hunt.. I finally broke down and bought a G4 ultralight..Sighted it in on Saturday and man does it ever drive tacks... couldn't believe it.. I might even use it in rifle season... I can't see any reason not to.. Good luck to everyone going out Saturday... I'll be in 3b..

·
Registered
394 Posts
Agreed, cmon Saturday. I'll be taking the flintlock out in the afternoon, will also be out the following Saturday afternoon and might take an all dayer during the week..

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I have to wait a week... Brother and I take the last Thursday and Friday off to get a 4 day weekend (3 hunting days) in.
Usually works out well for us... typically a few degrees cooler, with a chance of overnight frosts.
There's zero other hunting pressure on the property we hunt, so we don't have to worry about someone else changing patterns or spooking things before we get there.
This is usually the longest week of the year for me...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I took vacation for next week to hunt with the flintlock. Now the wife hit a big doe with an older car. Will be trying to get a new car as quickly as possible to salvage as much of the week as I can.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Saturday for me means our 2nd annual camp out/grouse hunt. I was debating going out , but am really not a big fan of the early ML deer season. I prefer hunting small game between now and Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Since I just had bilateral hernia surgery a week ago, Im not sure Id be able to take care of a deer, get it out of the woods, and get it in the back of my truck. I'm gonna hunt squirrels on Saturday and give myself one more week to heal. I'll be out with my inline for the last day.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My dad who is 73 bought a inline several years ago and loves it..We would go to camp so he could deer hunt and I would grouse and woodcock hunt.. I finally broke down and bought a G4 ultralight..Sighted it in on Saturday and man does it ever drive tacks... couldn't believe it.. I might even use it in rifle season... I can't see any reason not to.. Good luck to everyone going out Saturday... I'll be in 3b..
I have a G4 Ultralight also and completely agree with your statements on it. It is a great inline, especially at its price. Good luck on Saturday.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Well good luck and good hunting to you and your dad fowlman. Ill be out there as well.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Nice shooting Blackpowder!! Looks like you are ready!!

I'm heading to my camp Wednesday afternoon to hunt Thurs-Saturday. Looks like some cooler temps finally on tap!!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I personally won’t be out due to orientation for a new job, but good luck to everyone! Looks like it’s shaping up to be a good week!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I am ready!! shot the .62 at 75 yards, it is zeroed at 100 and I am good out to 150 if the conditions are right. good luck to everyone going out:smile2:
Any deer getting hit by that 62 cal wont be going far. :tango_face_smile:
That is one nice looking flintlock BP!:thumbs:

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Good luck to all in the front stuffer season!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts