The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are C'Mere Deer and Deer Cocane illegal to use during season? Wanted to make sure before I went out and bought some.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Been watching to much Hank Parker have we!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
But just imagine, every one of us would have a wall filled with big racks, if we could only use C'mere Deer !! (tongue in cheek)

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Just make sure that when you walk into the woods in the dark to your stand that there isnt any of that stuff laying around(left by another hunter!) could getsha into trouble!!

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
WCO said:
yes illegal
Is it illegal in the SE SRA? Not that I want to use it and wouldn't, but for folks that live there, is it illegal?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The contents label on C'Mere deer tells you it consists of processed corn and soybeans, among other things. For sure, that is bait and it is illegal. But once it is absorbed into the ground, who would know??

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Ya just cause its still on the shelfs dont mean its legal to use now. Maybe in the special regs areas

·
Registered
742 Posts
Dutch said:
WCO said:
yes illegal
Is it illegal in the SE SRA? Not that I want to use it and wouldn't, but for folks that live there, is it illegal?
It's perfectly legal to use in the SE SRA on private land.

"It is now lawful to hunt or take deer on private lands only in the southeast special regulations areas (Bucks, Chester, Delaware,Montgomery and Philadelphia counties through the use of or taking advantage of bait"

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
There has been talk of legalizing bait in the Special Regs areas, but I don't think it has been approved. I hunted in KY two years ago, and down there, baiting is legal on private property, but not on public lands.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Dutch said:
WCO said:
yes illegal

I am from the other side of the state and not real familiar, howevre this statement leads me to believe that yes as long ad you meet the requirements as to amounts.

It is now lawful to hunt or take deer on private lands only in the
southeast special regulations areas (Bucks, Chester, Delaware,
Montgomery and Philadelphia counties) through the use of or
taking advantage of bait. Bait may be placed or distributed two
weeks prior to the opening of the first deer season and continue
until the deer seasons conclude. Bait accumulation in any one location
will not be permitted to exceed five gallons at any given time.

·
Registered
968 Posts
It's illegal cause as soon as you put it out, 200 inch bucks come in from all over..... Just like Hank Parker always gets on TV

JK....

To me, this kind of stuff is just a big money racket but it seems they sell it.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It has been legal for several years in the SRAs.

·
Registered
742 Posts
John S said:
Been watching to much Hank Parker have we!
Does anyone else here just want to heave when Hank or his buddies start shaking the C'Mere Deer from the shaker bag all over the ground before they get up in their treestand?

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
The baiting reg for the SRA needs to be renewed by April of next year or it is no more. It was brought into existence under a sunset provision that ends with the current seasons.

Just a FYI.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I have used it in Montgomery Co. SRA where it is legal to bait and the deer roto till the ground to get some. Now I am not saying that my results will be typical every where but the deer seem to find it and dig up the soil.
I would not use it exclusively or go out of my way to buy it as I would rather invest in a good food plot but if it were given to me I would not turn it down.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I'm very interested to see the outcome of if baiting stays or goes. there's been very mixed reviews of its effectiveness. I personally don't think its came close to doing what it was intended to do. just because you put food out, doesn't mean deer have to visit it during daylight hours. up untill our cornfields go down, our deer won't touch artificially placed food. the only thing messing with it are fawns. I'm sure when we start feeding this time of year, results will be different with a lot less available food. the deer have been digging through the snow to get to the cornfield. I would like to hear from somebody who has seen a positive effect from the SRA baiting, maybe in a non farming area.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts