The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scenario- trapping on an old logging road, trap set off, not much of a circle but it was there, blood all around the set, no animal in trap, no prints, and no hair. But a trap that looks like this!

Can anyone explain what happened here I'm clueless. The trap is the new bridger 1.75

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No way a truck or a quad could get down the trail. I thought the same thing about a bear but not sure

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Animal stole or released (dog or anti), trap stomped. Somebody mad about it.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Maybe someone was running their dog and it got pinched. Then then did the only thing their simple mind could come up with, which was to try and smash your trap real good. Stupid and illegal

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I've seen some mangled up traps done by coyotes, but they usually have a well defined catch circle. That may have been done by a person like other people have posted. Pet got caught, owner of pet takes out anger on trap.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like I said I was clueless. Thanks for the replies I will have to look for foot prints tomorrow cause there is one way in and out. I does make sense that a person did that but doesn't due to none of the other traps some before and some after we're not touched some very obvious. Thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts