The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided this year not to rejoin one of the best clubs I've seen in PA because of the distance away from where I live.

First off the annual dues are only $500/yr and that can be split into (2) $250 payments. The place is located in waymart, PA (WMU 3D-Wyane County). It's just over 200AC and has multiuple food plots. The membership is kept low so that there's little pressure on the animals. They have a house on site for members to sleep in while they're there (has hot and cold water, electric, as well as heat). There's even an ATV that all the members are allowed to use. The group of guys is really laid back and very welcoming to new members.

The 1 season I was there I shot two does, 1 spring gobbler, and saw (4) really nice bucks. The place is LOADED with deer, bear and turkey. You should go check out the place. For $500/yr it's a steal.

Now as a heads up they're not too happy that I didn't rejoin this year because I made the decision at the 11th hour. So you may hear some flack about me not coming back. But I'm trying to do the right thing here and hope this brings them a replacement for me if not more.

Your point of contacts there will be Gorge or Mark Rabtzow. Below are their eMails.

George: [email protected]
Mark: [email protected]

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Sounds like a winner!! Nice offer to try to turn this into a win/win for your club and someone new.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8-10, not too many, and only 6 or so actively hunt. For most of them it's a weekend get away from the family to relax, play some poker, go hunting or just hang with some friends. I've never had a cross word wirh any of them (other than disagreeing about me not rejoining for this season). Then again I see their side too. Which is why I'm trying to find someone to fill my 11th hour vacancy as a surprise to them.

Connect with Mark or George (eMails above) if you or anyone else reading this post are interested or have any questions.

If it wasn't 3hrs away from my house I'd still be a member.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sent an email to them. Really looking for a place to take youngsters for a safe, quality experience in the field.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They actually cater to youngsters. Every year they have the boyscouts camp on the land and they also sponsor a jr. pheasant hunt. One of the owners (Mark) has a 4yr old and a 6yr old they he has actively involved in the club. Other members have their kids in it too at various ages. The club is a fraternal group but is also very family oriented.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I sent them an email, I live very close to this club. They
haven't emailed me back yet though.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has this turned out for anyone as of yet? It reall is a great place to be and with a house on the land to libe in while you're there you can't be the price. And the icing on the cake are the other members. Every single one of them is pretty cool to hang out with. Can't give them enough credit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No answer to email sent last Friday. Are they PO'd at you for posting their email on here? At least one other member has sent them email, also with no reply.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Received a number of PM's about this place and some saying that Mark and George haven't returned their eMails yet. Mark and George aren;t too happy that I didn't rejoin at the 11th hour but they shouldn't be upset that I'm posting on here to try and help find a replacemen for me. If they were upset with me they would have told me so.

Now George isn't a tech person by any means and normally doesn't get to his eMails all that often. Also remember that some eMail filters will out your eMails in a "bulk" or "spam" file and George/Mark maynot be checking those.

Personally I'm a face to face person and it may be easier to call them. George can also be reached oh his cell at at 484-553-3303. Mark's cell number changed and I don't have the new number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts