The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how everyone stores their hunting clothes after they have washed them in their scent free wash.. I have a nice rubber tote that I an going to wash out with scent wash and let dry then put my clothes in. Just wanted to see what you guys are doing

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I take a non-scented garbage bag and put leaves, dirt and a couple of small pine tree branches into the bag with my hunting clothes. I usually leave my clothes tied up in the garbage bag for 3-5 days and after that I usually just set them on the porch for the rest of the time I'm not wearing them.......

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Like G2 said,I place mine in a garbage bag with fresh cut pine branches and leave them on the porch.When I`m finished hunting at the end of the day they go right back in the bag,shoes and all...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Same as the other guys...I tie mine up in a plastic bag, throw some pine branches and pine cones in the bag and let 'em sit.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Clothes go in a plastic bag, if you use a garbage bag wash it out or spray it with some scent killer, some brands got an unnatural smell to them. I'll throw in some fresh dirt scent wafers. This bag then goes in a heavy duty plastic tote where i put my boots and backpack. This method helps separate muddy or wet boots from my other clothes. I'll hang a couple fresh earth wafers in the tote also for my boots and pack. Also, the plastic tote is heavy duty so i can sit on it and put my boots on.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I keep mine in totes that i wash out with the scent free soap. The clothes that i wear though i either keep outside or in their own storage bag after ive used them. If there is any scent on the clothes i dont want it mixing with my fresh clothes. I will use the same set of clothes for a couple days though, especially if i didnt get all sweated up in them. Pine cones and pine needles work good, just make sure your hunting around pine trees. I use dirt, leaves and pretty much anything else i can get my hands on for cover scent. I routinely wipe things on my clothes when im in the field, pine, golden rod, ect. It seems to work.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I put mine in a large tote makes it easy to get to the woods. During the season i just leave it in my truck unless they need washed. I throw a couple sent waffers in from time to time.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i throw mine in a plastic tub as well with some sassafras branches and leaves. they have an extra strong smell

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I did the garbage bag for the past 10 years. This year I am going to make a portable cedar chest and try that out.

·
4,239 Posts
After I wash and dry mine at the end of the season they go into an air tight vacuum bag until next season.

During the season I keep them in the same air tight bag. That bag, backpack, boots, etc. all go into a big tote that I keep in the truck most of the season.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i always wash mine in the uv free soap and dry them with the scent away soap. i then spray them with scent away and anlow them to dry outside for a few hours then i store them in plastic totes and i throw the scent waffers in the tote. when its time to use them they always smell like the scent away. eventually i would like to build a ceder closet and store my cloths in the off season in it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are the scent wafer you guys use just the earth scent kind?

·
4,239 Posts
Fresh Earth is usually what I hang in the tote. I sometimes will pin one to my hat when hunting too.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I get one of the over-sized zip lock bags place some pine branches in them and then store my clothes that way all season long. The bag goes in a rubbermaid container and gets left there until I get out of the truck to head in.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I do pretty much the same as strawhillduke but use a rubber tote adding pine branches when the area I'm hunting has pine trees on it. Sometimes I'll add some freshly fallen oak leaves and a handful of acorns when hunting an oak forest. When hunting a friend's dairy farm I often hang my clothing in the barn before hunting.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i use the fresh earth as well. i do the same as backwoods does. one on my hat. i figure that if i sweat thats one place that may hold oder and it may help with it. plus i keep my gloves masks and hats in a separate tote then my pants/shirts that way i dont have to dig for them in the dark.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts