The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't mean to sound dumb, not really sure what there called but I've seen guys on T.V. where what I think there calling "climbing harness's" before to hang treestand's, kind of like what the lineman use when going up telephone poles. I wear a hunter's safety system when in my treestands but it would be nice to have one of these devices to wear when going up to hang stands or maybe when going up or down with my climber so I don't have to cinch and uncinch my hunter safety harness the whole way up and down, anyone know where you can buy them or who makes them. I haven't seen them at my local stores that carry archery supplies. Appreciate any help or info.

Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
the one from hunters saftey systems is the only one that im finding specifically for hunting. just google hunters saftey systems lineman's belt

·
Registered
778 Posts
either use the Fall Guy or the Lifeline by HSS. I use the lifeline and I liked it a lot. I also made some of these myself.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
My Summit Seat of the Pants harness has the ability, and extra caribeener, to be used as a lineman's belt. Yes, it's great for hanging stands or strapping my Lone Wolf sticks to the tree.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The saftey rope that comes with the SOP's can be used as a linesman's belt. Instuctions come with the SOP's. You could go to any outdoor place that sells climbing rope, buy some rope and caribiners, and make your own. Prussic hitches are easy to tie.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank's guys I appreciate the info, I am going to pick up the one for the hunter's safety system since I own that, it connects on to it and should make hanging stands this year alot easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts